Are you feeling blah about your life? Does boredom make you unmotivated and unexcited? Are you having a mid-life crisis? Give your personal motivation a boost to overcome this kind of inertia. Here are 7 easy ways to help you set new goals and to get your career back on a course that excites and motivates you.
1. IMPROVE YOUR YOUR PERSONAL WORK SPACE
If you want to enjoy good feng shui at work, try to select your work space carefully.
- Always try to have your office and desk in the far corner diagonal to the entrance door into the whole office. The deeper you are inside the office, the better the feng shui.
- Never have your office or desk located at the end of a straight corridor or walkway.
- Do not sit in an office or at a desk that directly faces a toilet door or staircase. Your chances for advancement will be severely curtailed.
- Do not sit in an office or at a desk that places you directly underneath an exposed overhead beam. You will suffer from endless pressure and headaches.
- Do not sit with your back to the door, whether it is the door into your private office or the door into the main office itself.
- Never sit at a desk which subjects you to the cutting edge of a protruding corner. Move out of the line of fire or use a leafy plant to block it.
2. TAKE NOTE OF SEATING ARRANGEMENTS AT WORK
When you are involved in business meetings, always make sure you do not sit with a pointed edge of a table facing you. If you do this, you will have a poison arrow aimed at your stomach and will be placed at a disadvantage compared to the rest of your colleagues. Always sit facing your best direction while you are working.
3. ENERGIZING YOUR COMPASS GROUP
West Group Energizer
- Energize the West with a model aeroplane laden with coins tied with red thread. Bells and windchimes are also effective.
- Energize the Northwest in the same way. Do not put bright lights in either the West or Northwest as these will magnify all your problems.
- Energize the Southwest with lots of natural crystals. If your main office door is also located in the Southwest, then placing a large crystal here is most effective. A large amethyst crystal boulder with a deep ‘pocket’ to capture all the good fortune coming into office is ideal for attracting good business luck.
- Energize the Northeast in the same way as the Southwest, but it is not necessary to display crystals that are too large here.
East Group Energizers
- Energize the East corner with plants, flowers and paintings that feature lush vegetation and water. Avoid anything metallic in this corner. Windchimes, scissors and blades cause a lot of harm here.
- Do the same for the Southeast corner, except here you can also display a miniature fountain or a simple bowl of water.
- In the North, place a broad-based bowl of water with a terrapin inside. This can be real or fake. The real one is to be preferred.
- In the South, place something red – a painting, red carpet, red cushions – and a bright light to energize the luck of a great reputation. Properly energized, the South brings excellent reputation luck.
4. CREATING SUPPORT WITH A MOUNTAIN
- In the office, never sit with your back to the door. Doing so invites deception and betrayal. You should always sit with your back supported.
- Sit with a painting of a mountain behind you but make sure it is big enough to be meaningful. Do not have mountain ranges that are too sharp since these Fire element mountains are less useful. The best type of mountain for protection is a mountain that resembles the back of a turtle.
5. POSITION YOUR TELEPHONE FOR LUCK
- If you want to feng shui the telephone and fax machine in your office, you must first observe from what direction the energy that brings the messages through the phone line is coming. This is considered the source of the telephone’s energy.
- The next thing to do is to position the phone so that the source of messages, calls and so forth is coming from your most auspicious direction – your sheng chi direction.
- Do not make the mistake of thinking it is the wall plug we are talking about. It is where the connection lead itself is plugged into the phone that matters.
6. PLACE A LUCKY CRIMSON BIRD IN THE SOUTH
- The South is the Crimson Phoenix which symbolizes fame and recognition. The Phoenix also brings the luck of opportunities. When you energize this king of all feathered creatures, you are also activating the beneficial energies of the South. The luck of this particular sector suggests a great brightness, because the South is also the place of the element of Fire. Thus a crimson feathered creature to symbolize the phoenix is extremely auspicious. It will activate your social life and you will become well-liked and popular amongst your colleagues and work associates.
7. ENERGIZING YOUR DESK TOP FOR CAREER SUCCESS
- Place a vase of fresh flowers on the East side of your desk. Flowers create yang energy. But do not allow flowers to overwhelm you or block your view. And always change the flowers as soon as they start to show signs of wilting.
- Place a healthy small plant in the Southeast corner of your desk. This attracts good income luck and enhances your chances of personal growth.
- Place a smooth crystal ball in the Southwest corner of your desk to create the luck of harmonious relationships with all your colleagues.
- Any kind of light energizes your good name and reputation when placed in the South. This is one of the most excellent methods of creating a solid reputation within your company, and within your business community.
Calculators and Computers
- All personal office equipment made of metal should be placed on a separate table that is preferably located to the West or Northwest of your desk. If you need to have them on your desktop, place them to the right of you, but make certain you also have something higher to place on the left side. This ensures that the energies of the Dragon will prevail over the Tiger.