degrees /sector and facing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: degrees /sector and facing

degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9449

• redart
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,
I am in after a long long time.Blessings to all of you.
Recently when I checked the 8 Mansions our new office building -the reading of the main door of the flat was SE2- 132 degrees
But the main door falls in the NE sector of the flat ( according to compass directions taken from the Middle of the flat).Is this possible?
redart
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulahgutoski, charlenabrester

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9520

• lady moon
The reading for the door should be taken in the doorway as you face the outside. A reading taken in the center of the building will give you the sector where the door is located, but a more accurate reading can be taken standing in the doorway.

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9525

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
I think perhaps two different things are being confused here.

In 8 Mansions, we are concerned about which sector the door is in. So a reading based on the center is appropriate.

In other schools (like XKDG), we are concerned with the facing of the door. But that is not an issue in 8 Mansions. What you need to know, for 8 Mansions, is the sitting direction of the building.
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9532

• lady moon
The reading taken in the main doorway will give the facing direction of the building.

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9533

• redart
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks ladymoon and devadog. I think I have a clear picture now.
For this appartement the facing was 295deg- NW1 ( taken from the buidings maindoor and also our individual appartemnt's one full side (NW) is full of glass windows 3/4 section of the wall)-
I took one reading grom the main door and 3 different readings from the facing window side of the appartment and took an averege They are almost the same.
The above facing I used it for 8 mansions.It is a 4 kua/SE house.
For the 8 mansion sectors I took a reading from center also to overlay on the plan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main door of the individual appartment reading is taken near the main door is 132degree SE2 and falls in NE sector-
Now for a flying star chart (sorry I shud have posted this in the app. sector) should I take SE2 132(appartments main door) or NW1, the mainbuiding's and appartment's facing direction?

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9534

• lady moon
Use the main door of the building, unless you are on the 9th floor or above. If on the 9th floor or above, use your apartment - either the apartment door, or the large window or balcony. While people cannot enter the apartment thru the window or balcony, if these are large, have a great view of the busy city or let in lots of light, they can be used as "facing" because these let in much sun & energy into your home.
This is also only 1 vies & others have a different opinion based on their experience or other schools of Feng Shui.
I suggest going to the home page of wofs.com, scroll on the left are start reading about the schools of FS & expand your knowledge base. Then you will have more information & can decide which of the methods reflect what is happening in your home.
Make sure you let us know what you learn & what you decide to do in your home. This will help us all learn & grow in Feng
Shui.

All the best,
lady moon

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9625

• redart
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Lady Moon,
I am sticking with the NW1 facing(taken from the building maindoor as well as our apartments max no. of windows- yang side)Morover our aprtmnt is on the first floor.
This is a 4 kua appartmnt- i am using the NW1 facing for 8 mansions as well as for charting flying stars too.The NW1 flying star is working out nice too

regrds
redart

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9688

• lady moon
8 Mansions, Flying Stars & the kau number of the apartment and all different schools of Feng Shui. You really can't use them together & get good results. Pick 1 school of Feng Shui that you understand and that relates to your experience in the home and use that method. Trying to mix different methods is like making a cake and then part way through the mixing, deciding to add the ingredients to make bread - you will get nothing that you can serve.
If you like the Flying Stars method and it seems to be working for you, stay with that method. Your results will be much better if you stay with 1 method. You will be surprised at how things will improve by going with 1 method.

Good luck,
lady moon

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9690

• redart
  • Fresh Boarder
You said it RIGHT ladymoon.That was really an eye opener-In fact I am really in a fix trying to incorporate all of this. You know, it is 8-9 years since I began to learn feng shui in earnest.But I was into more than I can take.Finally I dropped the whole thing altogether a few years back.As it is ,all these esoteric sciences have a terrible attraction to them.They just pull me into it .The problem is I just go to see what it is and Every master says this or that method is the most superior or gives the best results.Honestly I am reaching nowhere and everywhere.In fact when everything goes on well its fine, I restarted all this as I had some financial setbacks so I thought that this could help and I ve been putting so many cures that I wouldnt know which is working and which is not. I should take your advice with a pinch of salt and stop this aimless wander.
Blessings & Compliments of the season
redart

Re:degrees /sector and facing 6 years, 6 months ago #9696

• lady moon
You have it exactly right - too much information! This was the same when I began to learn about Feng Shui too. One day when I was reading one of Lillian Too's books, I saw that she said the same thing. Lillian wrote, to find a method of Feng Shui that you are comfortable using and a master that you understand. See if that method works for you and fits what is happening to you & find a Feng Shui teacher or author that you understand and whose explainations make sense to you & fit your experience. Then stay with that method & master.

After that, I picked 1 method to use & 1 master. While it does not solve all problems, thisngs are much smoother staying with the same school of Feng Shui & 1 master. Life is so much easier! If things start to go very wrong, I will then decide to stay or change methods.

Best of luck,
lady moon
The following user(s) said Thank You: redart, bulahgutoski, charlenabrester
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds