help to determine house facing direction
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: help to determine house facing direction

help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8423

• kmh
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear all,

I have read some post on how to determine the facing direction of the house but still abit confused with it. So i want to ask for your advise regarding my house which i have just bought.

First, my kua number is 8 (west type). My house is an intermediate house and the main door is on the side facing west. But there is a sliding glass door facing south (aligned with the main gate which also face south). I don't plan of using the sliding door. So should i take the facing direction to be west or south?

I've tried to determine the 4 auspicious and inauspicious section of the house trying with both case but it seems there will be some more questions to come in each case. So hopefully experienced members can advise me on the facing direction first before i move on to more questions later on.

Thank you so much in advance!

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8437

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear KMH,

If you draw your unit/house and surroundings maybe it gives readers more clear picture of your situation so they could give you more accurate answer.

Feng Shui without a clear picture is very hard to estimate the possible problems.

Saphora

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8447

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
The facing side is not about the main door... it is about yin and yang.
And it can be very hard to figure out in some cases. As Saphora writes, a drawing might help.

The facing side is the one that is open (as compared with dark, enclosed, shady, private)
The facing side has more activity (as compared to quiet and private)
The facing side is the direction the house "looks at" (compared to the side it has it's back to)
The facing side is flat or ground slopes away (as compared to the side where the ground rises)
Often the street is on the facing side (but not always)
Often the Main door is on the facing side (but not always). Forget the location of the door for now.

The sliding glass doors do suggest that they are the facing side, but alone they do not answer for certain.

With such a house both the facing and the sector with the Main Door become important and can contradict each other

For example: my house the front with the Main door is actually the sitting side. The facing sector has no door, just a window. The Main door is on the facing side but not in the facing sector. So I can see results when certain Flying Stars arrive at the Facing sector and when they arrive at the Main Door even though they are on opposite sides of the house.
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you
The following user(s) said Thank You: zenmormon27

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8448

• kmh
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you saphora and devadog for your reply. I'll try to sketch the floor plan and have it attached by tomorrow (its just that i can do it now, if not i'll be glad to do so). Hope to get more insight from both of you after that.

Thank you once again.

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8449

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
kmh,
It's about the external forms. A googleEarth screenshot is best
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by Devadog.

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8513

• kmh
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear all,

Sorry for the really late reply. I attached here the google earth screen shot of the area. Another image of the floor plan will be included in the next message.
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by kmh.

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8514

• kmh
  • Fresh Boarder
house_floor_plan.jpg
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by kmh. Reason: same image included

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8515

• kmh
  • Fresh Boarder
Tried to attached the picture of the google earth twice but don't know why it doesn't appear here.

In the floor plan of the house above, i forgot to include the direction. The entry faces the west, the car porch is facing the south and the back door (exactly at where the door opens) is the north. I hope that would help in analysing the facing direction of the house.

What do you all think?

Thanks.
Last Edit: 6 years, 8 months ago by kmh.

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8525

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
I don't think it is possible to answer with just the floorplan.

Re:help to determine house facing direction 6 years, 8 months ago #8551

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear KMH,

Devadog is right, without a google.maps-picture is hard to see.

If someone like you spends time drawing a good picture like this, it is worth to look closer at your house.

My first impression is that your house is located in a quite expensive area, where the land is quite expensive. That could be the reason why you have long and narrow land structure with a double store house. I think you don’t have any land left on both side of your house, an attached house complex.

It is quite rare (it could be a bad Architect, who had designed your house) that the Active side of your house was in an angle. Secondly you know WOFS; it could mean that your Feng Shui knowledge is not too bad.

With this information, I could (with cautious) conclude that the active road is on the South-side, your house could face South, see picture.

Saphora
KMH.jpg
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds