Username Password: Remember me

Office seating for Kua 8: need advice
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Office seating for Kua 8: need advice

Office seating for Kua 8: need advice 7 years, 9 months ago #376

• ltimbah
  • Fresh Boarder
I would love to hear anyone's feedback on my plans to rearrange the furniture in my office. The current layout is as below (I tried my best to make the directions accurate):

My desk is currently facing NE and most of the time I'm facing my computer table which is NW. The red bar in the image is a see-through glass. The palm tree is slightly withering and is halfway as tall as my door, so it's not really small

I plan to rearrange so that my seating arrangement looks like below:

This means that I can face SW most of the time, which is my best direction. I'm a little worried that the window might be an issue. Can anyone suggest anything?

Some background on my issue: I don't like the current arrangement of my office. My position is a little hidden behind the see-through mirror, so people can't see me and they always assume I'm out of the office. A few more roadblocks and challenges keep on popping up every time I try to move a project through, so I'm feeling very frustrated, and when not much work is completed, they think that I'm not doing much work. The fact that my corner of the office is at the SE of the main office probably doesn't help, either.

I hate to point my problems at feng shui, but really, this is the first time in my working life that I've met with so much resistance from so many people who couldn't open up their minds to change and make my work (and theirs) more efficient. I've never struggled with so much issues before. I can't help but think there must be some unknown forces going on here. The previous officer who've worked for almost 8 years, made a move to another company only after a year being in this new office because of so much resistance as well as not being appreciated for his work. Coincidentally, he shares the same kua as I. I haven't changed the furniture arrangement since I started working here a year ago. I work as an IT officer in an agriculture-based industry.

I appreciate any advice you might have.

Re:Office seating for Kua 8: need advice 7 years, 9 months ago #443

• DIDOF
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
You can see in the image file a new possible arrangement of your office. In this arrangement, your desk will face SE but your computer face SW, which is a good direction for you.
It's not good to have windows behind you particularly if you are in the upper floors. It means that people won't help you (It seems to be your case)
With this new arrangement, in the small "tai chi", you are also in a good sector for you (NE), and people can see you working in your computer.
I hope that will help you. The book of Lilian Too "Total Feng Shui" may help you to choose what objects you can put to enhance your situation.

Re:Office seating for Kua 8: need advice 7 years, 8 months ago #729

• yektakwai
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Itimbah,

Just tilt your desk and you will see something different in 3 days time.

Re:Office seating for Kua 8: need advice 7 years, 8 months ago #1022

• ltimbah
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you everyone who've given me your feedbacks, I really appreciate it.

DIDOF, after reading your comment, I made sure that my back against the windows are secured by moving the long, low file cabinets behind me instead. That should help, shouldn't it? So now, I'm seated in my proposed layout, but with the file cabinets pulled to the area behind my seat.

Just to give you an update on what's been going on since I rearranged my desk several weeks ago (exactly 5, I think?). Things do seem like they are improving steadily. The top management in particular are starting to see my potential, and are starting to trust me in my work now -- at least one of them are acknowledging my skills in handling the workload I've been given. I'm getting lots of support from the middle management now, too. When I first joined this company, even as I was assigned as part of the middle management, I was hardly considered a "manager" and was seen as just "warming up my seat" instead of doing any work. Most of them now see the effort I've been putting and only now realized what I've been putting in for this company.

I feel that I can breathe easier now, but there's so much yet to be accomplished for me to prove my worth to the company. But I am very grateful, nonetheless, for the turn in my situation.

Re:Office seating for Kua 8: need advice 7 years, 8 months ago #1042

• DIDOF
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried to attach a plan to rearrange your office but i didn't arrive yet. It's a good thing to move your file cabinets behind you.
Regards
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds