8 mansion vs. flying star
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 8 mansion vs. flying star

8 mansion vs. flying star 7 years, 3 months ago #3240

• opal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Everyone,

I need a clarification if a person is an east group with Kua 9, and this year wealth star #8 fly to NW, would it be o.k to activate the corner with a glass of water or so? To activate this star #8 at NW, would it harm the person or benefit since NW is the person Total Loss direction?

anyone with knowledge please advice.

sincerely,

opal

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 7 years, 3 months ago #3242

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
It might help you to understand these distinctions:

Your house sectors are determined mostly by the house sitting direction (so the building has good and bad sectors)

Your personal good or bad directions are the directions you face... not the rooms you use (although there are some schools of 8 Mansions that disagree). So you can do well in a room that is good for the house even though that direction is not good for you.

Even a "total loss sector" might not be at all bad, depending on the direction it is in and the year and month (time does matter in 8 Mansions and so does the relationship between star and sector). So you can do well even in a "total loss" room under some conditions.

Flying Stars is a different Method and it is difficult to mix the two

A Glass of water is not a real activator. It will not bother anything. It will not aggravate Total Loss. Do you think that in feng shui you're not permitted to drink a glass of water in several rooms? Or to put one down?
I do not mean to doubt the idea of using a glass of water to get things going (in the appropriate sector) only to say it will not have any effect of 8 Mansions.

Is this clearer?
Put your glass of water wherever you wish and don't fret
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 7 years, 3 months ago #3244

• opal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Devadog,

Thanks for your explanation. I still not out of the wood yet.

In this case, the house facing NW2 also is where the main door...is this mean the W,SW,NE room are good for the house? And is this ok for an east group person to be in any of the above room?

I read somewhere that it is not advisable to decorate, activate or enhance any feng shui items in the sector of the house that consider a bad direction for a person.

Quiet confuse...especially when involve with activating wealth, academic, or any annual flying star and happen to be in a sector of the house that consider bad direction for a person.

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 7 years, 3 months ago #3284

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Hi

Remembering that each house is different and that the good and bad stars will behave differently depending on which direction they come to, in your NW facing house (a gua 4 house because we go by the sitting not the facing in this Method - so yuo are an East Group person in an East Group house)

The North sector is very good to use, and especially this year
The South sector is excellent
SE is excellent.
E is OK

NW, SW, W and NE are where the "bad" stars are but they will not prove harmful in general in your house!
In some years they may act up, but it will be minimal:
NW and SW were as bad as they get last year. W will be as bad as it gets next year. NE in 2009 and 2013

And you are a gua 9. So we do not generally think of which rooms for you, but rather which directions you face in whatever rooms you use.
Facing E is very good (especially this year)
Facing N can be good
Facing SE or S is neither good nor bad.
Facing NE or NW is neither good nor bad
Facing SW or W is bad for you

So using the South room while facing E (not this year though: we don't like to face Tai Sui) or N would be beneficial (one choice of several)

OK?

With 8 Mansion method that is all you need to know. Some people advise cures for the bad sectors, but your Bad Sectors are not particularly bad. Don't worry about them at all!

If Flying Stars leads you to want to activate a sector, go ahead. Use water only in N, SW, E and SE. Use a fan or a chiming clock or something else in the other sectors if you need anything at all. That includes activating the annual 8 in NW this year.
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you
Last Edit: 7 years, 3 months ago by Devadog.

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 7 years, 3 months ago #3285

• opal
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Devadog,

Thanks for your explanations. It Is very clear and helpful especially regarding the flying star.

I read several FS book but none really explain well. I wish more can be written on this subject.

Sincerely,

Opal

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 11 months ago #20540

Hi
Please would you be able to help me?
My house front door and house faces NW and my 8 mansion kua number is 9.
So my front door is in the total loss direction. I have read that really bad things happen when your front door faces your total loss direction! Help!
Please would you be able to tell me what I can do to cure this?
Many thanks for any advise you can give me.

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21629

Deva,

What if I wanted to use the house trigrams with the annual numbers?

My bad luck sector came up in the NE creating two earths so the bad luck is a little stronger. When I add the trigram I get the 1 star water which is a good star - a star of new beginnings and opportunities, but earth dominates water thereby pressing down on that good star. I could add metal to balance. Then the annual 7 comes in which is metal so I'm good right? No need to do anything, I think. This sector is my living/family room where the three of us spend a LOT of time.

This is a simple example but it can get complicated.

Rick
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by zenmormon27. Reason: spelling

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21631

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
zenmormon27 wrote:
Deva,

What if I wanted to use the house trigrams with the annual numbers?

My bad luck sector came up in the NE creating two earths so the bad luck is a little stronger. When I add the trigram I get the 1 star water which is a good star - a star of new beginnings and opportunities, but earth dominates water thereby pressing down on that good star. I could add metal to balance. Then the annual 7 comes in which is metal so I'm good right? No need to do anything, I think. This sector is my living/family room where the three of us spend a LOT of time.

This is a simple example but it can get complicated.

Rick

But it is not a chemistry problem where you may counter one element by adding another. Nor is it (only) a psychological experiment where you may select what factors you chose to believe and set them up against one another.

Think of it as a social issue.
These "people" come together. There are natural hierarchies, friendships and disagreements. One must be aware if the boss is coming not to offend him. If the junior salesperson is coming and irritates the manager, you would not sit them together. The dynamics are set. You can make small tweaks to try to make the best of them. But most important is to learn to recognize what is.

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21632

You just blew me away....

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21642

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
zenmormon27 wrote:
You just blew me away....

In a good way, I hope!

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21643

yup! gave me some food for thought. Noticed you were also on the Feng Shui Times forum.

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21645

Your comment about the house's sitting direction to determine the house's luck is different from Lillian Too who says that the 8 Mansion Chart of a house is determined by its FACING direction, and that the Trigram Chart is determined by its SITTING direction.

For example, my house SITS West giving me a Tui House Trigram. But my house FACES East allocating the favorable locations for an East Group.

Was she in error?

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21646

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Error? Not necessarily, but not the traditional approach

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21647

I think this kind of conflicting information is what makes learning Feng Shui challenging. Compass school says do this....black hat says do this...8 mansions says do this...flying stars says do this...and often times much conflicting information BUT all the devotees claiming marvelous results! Kind of like the ancient days where the real meaning was to keep things hidden.

Anyhoo, Larry Sang from the American Feng Shui Institute says to use the traditional SITTING side for both the house TRIGRAM and 8 MANSION charts.

However, he says NOT to face your good directions but to have them support you from behind.

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21648

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
There are indeed many different schools of feng shui.
Some are rooted in centuries of experience and study.
Even within those schools, different Masters have started lineages whose teachings conflict.
Then there are things like "Black Hat" which were intentionally "dumbed down" for Westerners.
Then there are those "feng shui" approaches that mix folk beliefs or New Age philosophy and so have little to do with traditional teaching.

Sorting it out is a challenge.
I have come to ignore any "teacher" that incorporates non-traditional New Age or "superstitions" and charms, statues, etc. Some are nonsense. Others only make sense if you were raised in that culture and also have those traditional beliefs, because these is a resonance between what we feel or believe deeply and the outside. But if the belief isn't deep then there is little resonance.

It is best, especially when beginning, to start with one approach... say 8 Mansions.... and explore it for some time. If you attempt to mix others you will get very confused.
Most Flying Stars as taught (in English especially) is only partial and so rarely produces results. If one truly understand Flying Stars, one should be able to make accurate predictions for the residents of a building. If one cannot predict then one does not understand it yet. Flying Stars is for predictions (like bazi or Four Pillars) and not really to manipulate outcomes. Yet some teach the use of cures and elemental balancing. That was not the intent of this school.

After many years I have concluded that discovering the feng shui of a house or site and using what is there as best as possible is the most effective approach. This may not be easy to do though. If the feng shui of a house is bad it cannot be made really auspicious. But you could use the better sectors and get what good there is to get. In an ideal situation, you would instead use the knowledge to select an auspicious house and arrange its rooms uses according to the qi flow.

One last thought: if your bazi shows that this is an especially tough time then even the best feng shui can only modify it somewhat. If it is a time to lose wealth, most feng shui arrangements will not allow you to overcome it and become wealthy. But at least you ought not to end up impoverished. Feng shui is a tool we use to try to balance our Fate. If our fate is auspicious then the feng shui of the house hardly matters at all.
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by Devadog.

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21672

Thank you, Deva. I'd always thought as much myself with my experience. It's nice to get a confirmation that one is on the right track.

What do you do when the trigrams of the person and the house conflict? My house is a West house and I am an East person. Does the house trigram locations trump the personal? Or do I just make do with my personal directions only?

Rick

Re:8 mansion vs. flying star 4 years, 5 months ago #21673

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
zenmormon27 wrote:
Thank you, Deva. I'd always thought as much myself with my experience. It's nice to get a confirmation that one is on the right track.

What do you do when the trigrams of the person and the house conflict? My house is a West house and I am an East person. Does the house trigram locations trump the personal? Or do I just make do with my personal directions only?

Rick

You cannot go wrong facing your best directions.
Yet for each trigam the individual directions or sectors may be strong, weak, very negative or very positive. So as I indicated earlier in this thread, "bad" sectors may not really be bad enough to matter except in certain months or years. An East person my be fine in the right West house. Also depends on where the main door is.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds