Username Password: Remember me

East Group vs West Group Houses
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: East Group vs West Group Houses

East Group vs West Group Houses 2 years, 5 months ago #31986

• martyb
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm confused. Here is an explanation....

For people we have kua numbers 1 - 9. They are divided into East and West Group Kua numbers

East Group Kua Numbers: 1,3,4,9
West Group Kua Numbers: 2,6,7,8

Let's take West Group as an example...
The West Group lucky directions are: SW,W,NW,NE

Now let's consider a house that faces NW (sits SE)....
The NW house lucky locations are: SW,W,NW,NE , the same as the West Group lucky directions

Why is a NW Facing house considered an "EAST GROUP" house? In my mind it should be considered a WEST GROUP house because the lucky directions/locations are the same. It does not make sense!

I understand that there is an affinity for east AND west groups because that facing and sitting directions are different in the NW facing case.

For a reference that states "east group" see Lillian Too's "Flying Star Feng Shui for the Master Practitioner" page 184.
Here is another reference
fengshui88-windandwater.blogspot.com/201...st-group-houses.html
And another
www.fengshuimastersingapore.sg/house-hunting
Thanks

Re: East Group vs West Group Houses 2 years, 5 months ago #32133

• gautam.rao
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi martyb

This is a very common doubt that we have when we are learning.

For the house we take the sitting direction as the Gua, If the house is facing the NW, the sitting is SE ( the gua for SE is 4), 4 is the part of East group ( not the West group- as you have mentioned).
Hope this will clear your doubts.
Keep Smiling

Re: East Group vs West Group Houses 2 years, 5 months ago #32158

• martyb
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for answering my question. I am still a bit confused, here is an article from WOFS that states that a NW facing home is Kua 7. Could you please comment on this.

www.wofs.com/index.php/fs-fine-points-re...-eight-mansions-luck

Thank You

Re: East Group vs West Group Houses 2 years, 4 months ago #32166

• gautam.rao
  • Platinum Boarder
I have read with the link u have given, it is correct, I do not understand, what is giving you confusion in understanding it, It is a simple procedure.

May be you are looking at the arrow as a facing direction , if it is so it is wrong. All those charts are gua and the directions with good and bad areas for an individual gua.

For a Gua 7, the Sheng Qi at at Northwest, ( that arrow does not say that the house is NW facing... )
Keep Smiling

Re: East Group vs West Group Houses 2 years, 4 months ago #32177

• martyb
  • Fresh Boarder
Respectfully, Thank you for your help. I am going to disagree with you on the article being correct.

www.wofs.com/index.php/fs-fine-points-re...-eight-mansions-luck

The article states... (just above the house charts)
"Take a good look at the KUA charts of the eight types of houses. The charts here describe a type of luck for each side of a typical house based on the primary and secondary directions of the compass. Altogether, there are 8 types of houses based on the facing direction of the house. "

The article is clearly talking about houses and not individuals, that is my original point of confusion.

Is it possible that Lillian Too is teaching 8 Mansions differently?

I am currently looking for a book or online article that explains 8 Mansions Sitting vs Facing directions. Any recommendations?

Thank You

Re: East Group vs West Group Houses 2 years, 4 months ago #32230

• gautam.rao
  • Platinum Boarder
The way the article is presented is correct .. to gain the knowledge prepare your own notes... so that u will make your research ...
Keep Smiling
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds