Bed placement
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bed placement

Bed placement 3 years, 1 month ago #28444

• mollyfranc
  • Junior Boarder
image.jpg

Thank you for any advice regarding bedroom layout, I'm choosing between 2 options;
Our bedroom is in W & NW, house faces NE. I'm KUA 7 & husband is KUA 8. So either bed placement seems to be good for us, but sleeping with upper half of our bodies in NW is maybe better for period 8? I colored the bedroom with purple lines to make it clearer.

Which is the better bed position from these 2 possibilities?

1. Bed in command position (regarding entrance). Head points NW, feet SE. Big balcony door/window next to bed on SW wall.

2. Bed next to but on same wall as entrance, feet pointing towards balcony door/window (SW), head pointing NE

I'm guessing option 1 (not to have feet pointing out the window), but just not sure what takes priority; compass locations for house, personal good directions, command position, facing windows, stars for period 8 or annual stars, etc)

Any help much appreciated, Thank you!
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by mollyfranc. Reason: Attach picture

Re: Bed placement 3 years, 1 month ago #28470

• Wind
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi mollyfranc,

No accurate drawings so I'll just say this: NE, NW, W and SW would be good for kua numbers 7 and 8.

Good thing is if it allows you to point your head towards one of your lucky direction.

If the only place available for your bed is on the same wall as the door, then place it as far away from the door as possible.This keeps chi interruption to a minimum.

Do not situate the bed directly under a window.

When you appoint compass directions then it is logical that you will know your favorable and unfavorable directions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mollyfranc

Re: Bed placement 3 years, 1 month ago #28481

• mollyfranc
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Wind, thank you very much for replying . I just attached the plans (rough drawn but to scale). Both options are good for our head to point towards our personal good directions. I think the house is facing mountain NE1 but it could be NE2/3 (need to go check again). Let's say the period 8 water & mountain stars for this house are better in the NW than W, then would that make option 2 the better choice? Or would being further from the door & feet not pointing out the window still make option 1 the better choice? Thank you

Re: Bed placement 3 years, 1 month ago #28484

• pelizjones
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Just from looking at the diagram I would say option 1.

A bed on the same side of the door leaves you vulnerable (you cannot see who/what is entering so there may be "surprises") particularly for the main breadwinner. The other thing to consider (aside from the flying star chart) is that with this configuration, you have your bed against the bathroom wall. It's made worse if there's a toilet or sink on the other side of the wall. Option 1 not only puts you in command but it appears you will be sleeping facing a good direction.

I would definitely look at the flying stars as well to see what the story is here for 2015.

And don't forget to keep the bathroom door closed at all times...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mollyfranc
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds