Username Password: Remember me

bathroom color
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: bathroom color

bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #254

• Junior Boarder
Hi there .

Been reading a lot about feng shui of bathrooms, not all of it seem to follow the same logic.

My future home bathroom will be located in W, houses Huo Hai sector.

One theory seems to say that one should control the water element in bathroom with earth colors no matter of sector, another that one should strengthen the sector element of where the bathroom is.

In my case it seems to be easy since both theories seem to apply. So pale terracotta or so will be ok?

What is the theory about bathrooms anyway? Ones say they are inauspicious, others say they do no harm if kept clean and fresh with good color and material decoration.

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #258

• lady moon
Part of the theory with bathrooms is that they are very Yin and you don't want to activate any more Yin energy, but to make it neutral. It also depends upon which Feng Shui school you follow.
By using earth tones & neutral colors, it is supposed to make the bathroom less Yin. the theory is also to not use anything blue or associated with water (fish, shells, ocean pictures) that would activate more Yin (stale) energy. And you are right - they must be kept very clean, and keep the door closed.

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #266

• Junior Boarder
Great, so it will be done. . Toilet seat willl also be kept down and door closed.

Thank you .

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #269

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
89898 wrote:
Great, so it will be done. . Toilet seat willl also be kept down and door closed.

Thank you .

And then there are many Masters who say
1. you can't flush wealth down the toilet
2. color has so little effect on feng shui that it is not important
3. If a "bad" sector of a house has a bathroom, storeroom, or other place you don't spend a lot of time it has little effect on you

Which is not to say that one shouldn't keep the toilet and bathroom quite clean... for so many reasons

Once again, fs as a scare technique!
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #272

• sunfish
  • Fresh Boarder
Do you believe in FS? You must have some faith in it to post her and discuss views. If that is true, why do you call it a scare tactic?

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #273

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
sunfish wrote:
Do you believe in FS? You must have some faith in it to post her and discuss views. If that is true, why do you call it a scare tactic?

Wonderful question!

I see fs as opportunities and potentials... not a source of paranoia and fear.
So much fs writing is marketing cures and protections...but a better understanding of fs, I believe, is to locate your opportunities and promise and make the most of those!

The important issue is NOT what's happening in your bathroom, but rather where should you have your bed and office for best effect
It's a different perspective
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #274

• Junior Boarder
Devadog wrote:

And then there are many Masters who say
1. you can't flush wealth down the toilet
2. color has so little effect on feng shui that it is not important
3. If a "bad" sector of a house has a bathroom, storeroom, or other place you don't spend a lot of time it has little effect on you

Which is not to say that one shouldn't keep the toilet and bathroom quite clean... for so many reasons

Once again, fs as a scare technique!

You are right. And I realise that. That is the reason I am asking, to break the fear and misconceptions . Been scared enough. Since reading JY on recomendation I see that there should not be any fear. So now I ask you and Lady Moon (since you posess so much greater knowledge than me) when I feel that I have a misconception based on fear, based on wrong masters . And your answers mean very much to me. I thank you for making me feel as opening a new chapter in feng shui, one with no fear .
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by 89898.

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #275

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
My pleasure.

I think all of us, when we start reading about fs, come to believe that we can micro-manage every aspect of our lives by placing the right thing here or arranging something there. In the beginning, we buy chinese coins and crystal balls and Wealth God figurines. And depending on our nature, they may work for awhile because "Man" luck matters. But over time they do not work for us. But this isn't even true, classical fs. It is superstition mixed with marketing.

I have been studying (after a fashion) for nine years. Now I use no "cures" except one salt water cure if it is called for.
The rest of this nonsense I have dropped over time. Almost everyone does.

And adding to my reply to sunfish, bazi and fs are important parts of my daily life

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #281

• Junior Boarder
True , we all start that way. I remember a decade ago beeing obsessed with finding all "the right figurines" . A year later started getting rid of them. That's the way one start looking for more important things and knowledge. Than arangement of furniture became my daily struggle . Soon I moved on to finding and connecting with people interested in fs in order to learn together, but there is a great danger when people try learning things on their own without expert supervision. Year ago I wanted to give up on fs since I saw no way to progress further. I had some knowledge, lots of fear, and no place to look for new information, at least no free place . After a period of frustration I read Joey Yap's books and found my motiv again, lost some of the fear. Now I move on confident that the right path is opening again. Perhaps I needed to deal with some issues of mine before moving on to new knowledge .

Re:bathroom color 7 years, 9 months ago #362

• lady moon
You are bring up some very good points about FS. This is a good example of how we all move thru Feng Shui. I used the cures, but later began to first use cleansing to refresh and energize the spaces in my home or office. Now the cleansing, colors of the room and furniture arrangements come first before the cures. It is best to start with fixing the problem before layering a cure over it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds