Username Password: Remember me

Best directions in corners
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best directions in corners

Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24706

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
Hi all, I don't know if anyone can help me, I'm zhen kua 3 east group and my home (a studio) is kun ne2 (making us incompatible), the problem I'm having is that all of my best directions are in the corners of my home :/, for instance, my desk is in the commanding position with a wall behind me, but I face H4 as a result and all of my other best directions mean facing a wall with my back exposed or sitting at an angle facing a corner. I just wanted to know what a person usually does in this situation since I can't find anything online, many thanks in advance

I'm on the top (2nd) floor, third window up on the right, someone else lives below me, and someone else below them. It's an attic studio.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Baia.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24834

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
For solutions please send in your house plan layout and the google map of the said property. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baia

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24888

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
Ok, I have added pictures, thanks

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24920

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Baia wrote:
Ok, I have added pictures, thanks

What's the compass orientation

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24947

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
um, compass orientation, facing northeast (40) NE2

Bedroom in the northeast, (40) NE2
Entrance in the northwest (320) NW2
Bathroom in the west, (270) W2
Kitchen in the southwest (225) SW2
Office in the south (200) SW1
Living room in the southeast (130) SE2
One corner of the bedroom is east (80) E1 the other corner is north (20) N3
period 7

8 mansions
NE_en.png

flying star
fly.jpg
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by Baia.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24952

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Base on your layout plan on above, if the bathroom at West then the kitchen should be at NW instead of SW. Please verify.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24964

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
kitchen in the southwest, it's across from the bedroom which is in the northeast (the yang side of the property), or if I stand in front of the bathroom door - with my back to it, the kitchen is on my left side and the entrance is on my right hand side.

Um, I added 3 layouts, one is using the internet to draw the plan, the orange and black layout/picture I got using an 8 mansions calculator, and the other image/layout I had was taken from a flying stars calculator - I've replaced it with an image/layout from a feng shui book--it is also flying stars. Hope that helps, any advice appreciated many thanks
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by Baia.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24965

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Any heater or air conditioner? Where's the door for the bedroom? Which windows or doors you open most of the time?
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by xkfan.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24968

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
So it's a studio flat, I've divided off the bedroom area with a long curtain (represented by the long black line), in the bedroom are two sloping windows, (they are in a sloping wall), in the layout they would be the two white stripes beside the bed and behind the chest of drawers--the drawers are represented by the white square--though in my property it's pale oak. Beside the drawers is a bookcase and across from the bookcase is a coat rack (that is the black cross), next to the coat rack on the other side of the curtain is the front door, there is a mirror, plant clock and stool table beside it, further along is the cupboard door, and then the bathroom door--- inside is a single sloping window in a sloping wall over the bath, next to the bathroom door is a wardrobe (represented by the white square though it's golden brown wood), next to the wardrobe is the kitchen door, there is a very small sloping window over the sink again in a sloping wall, beside the kitchen door is my desk and next to it are two filing cabinets, one on top of the other (the desk is brown wood, the filing cabinet metal) and next to the filing cabinet a little bit away is the sofa. There's a heater in the bedroom area behind the coat rack but I don't use it, I use a halogen heater that I move from place to place instead. No air conditioning.

The bathroom door is ajar all the time to allow the cat to use the litter and eat, I put a curtain blind in front of the door to make it feel more closed off, I'm in and out of the kitchen a lot and use the desk area the most, the bedroom windows are open (usually only a little bit because of the cat) most of the time, followed by the bathroom window.

Just for extra -- the bedroom area walls are in orange, the middle are (living room and desk and entrance) walls are in yellow, the kitchen in green and the bathroom in pink (with one blue wall). Hope that helps more? Thanks again

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24973

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
My little suggestion for you to improve the house energy;

1)Shift the working desk next to the bathroom and lean to the black wall (facing NE).

2) OPen the window as shown OPEN in the picture.

3) Heater should be located as marked red X.

Again this orientation is based on your flipped direction descriptions on above.

PLease let me know the differents after the changes within 100 days.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 9 months ago #24974

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Baia2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Minion

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25008

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, I'll feedback in January, can I ask in feng shui terms the reasons behind the moves (I have a lot of trouble concentrating at my desk so I'm not too surprised by that - would love to know what was wrong with it's current placement, many thanks)

Sorry about any confusion with it being flipped

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25009

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
....regarding the heater, is it that I can place at X and use anywhere or must I only use at X

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25014

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Baia wrote:
Thanks, I'll feedback in January, can I ask in feng shui terms the reasons behind the moves (I have a lot of trouble concentrating at my desk so I'm not too surprised by that - would love to know what was wrong with it's current placement, many thanks)

Sorry about any confusion with it being flipped

Because currently qi that received is not on time and it represent wavy. This is why you can't concentrate.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25015

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Baia wrote:
....regarding the heater, is it that I can place at X and use anywhere or must I only use at X

Put it on X when in use. When not in use you can stroll it anywhere you like.

Have you start moving? If not I'll give you a date. Let me know your city and country.
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by xkfan.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25018

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
I haven't started moving yet, I'm in London, UK.

I'll have to swap the desk and wardrobe around and approach the desk only with the kitchen door closed (the kitchen door is bigger than the one in the picture---meaning there's virtually no wall (....the pic is generally accurate otherwise though) or I'll have to move the desk a bit further forward (like where the rug is) so I can slip in from the size. So just figuring everything out at the moment.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25023

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Baia wrote:
I haven't started moving yet, I'm in London, UK.

I'll have to swap the desk and wardrobe around and approach the desk only with the kitchen door closed (the kitchen door is bigger than the one in the picture---meaning there's virtually no wall (....the pic is generally accurate otherwise though) or I'll have to move the desk a bit further forward (like where the rug is) so I can slip in from the size. So just figuring everything out at the moment.

I have selected 17th October 2014, 9.35am for you to start moving your furnitures. This is a good date. Dont waste it. Good luck.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25275

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks, I'm minutes away from moving now, let;s hope all goes well.

Re: Best directions in corners 3 years, 8 months ago #25276

• Baia
  • Junior Boarder
When you say open the window, do you mean open only that window? Am I meant to leave it open all the time or all day?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds