Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

8M and house kua?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 8M and house kua?

8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #214

• Junior Boarder
Been reading much about feng shui over the past 10 years, trying to find and learn only quality stuff based on traditional teachings, wich is not easy nowdays when bookstores are filled with new age missinterpretations.

Only reacently I found the info that based on house sitting direction one determines the house kua, so if house faces, let's say south, it sitts north, therefor the house kua is 1. But the good and bad directions of kua number do not apply as directions, but as sectors of the house. So one should avoid sleeping, working and eating in bad sectors of the house. In our example it is the W, NE, NW, SW that should be avoided for these purposes.

Is this the legitimate stuff or another lost-in-translation-missinterpretation?

Been trying to figure out the logic on my own , but it is not easy without talking to someone about it , at least for me it is so .

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #215

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
As I understand it, what you write is one approach. There are others, also Traditional.

Ideal is to match house kua and resident kua... but how easy is that?
So in reality we make the best use of both.
More important though is a good location, external forms and inner qi flow.If those are good, the rest is less important. If they are poor, the perfect house gua can only do so much.
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by Devadog.

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #233

• lady moon
Good answer Devadog. The methods of FS can be very difficult to understand and meaning and styles change in FS just like anything else and some methods fall out of favor.
The user can start with the very basics of the chosen method, see how it works and keep note if their life changes for the better as the FS in the home is changed. The problem is that many want instant results and FS does take time. Much depends upon the attitude of the user and how in tune they are with the surroundings.

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #234

• Junior Boarder
Thank you both for your replys .

I see, so it is true, the house has a kua number and it defines good and bad sectors instead of the personal people kua which defines good and bad directions.

Obviously it is not easy to mach house and residents kua. In my case my hubby and older son are western group, and me and younger son are eastern group. Now we live in western house, but will be moving to new eastern house next sommer. By some devine coincidents it will have the same kua as myself.

So right now I cannot evaluate the effects. Will be posting impressions when we move .

But what troubles me is the fact that kids room should be located in SW the total loss sector . Not sure if that is ok. It sure sounds really bad. There are only two bedrooms in the house. The other is in SE. It is smaller, therefore we ruled it out for kids room since they need more space for beds, desks and wardrobers. The bathroom with WC is in W sector, so another inauspicious constelation for the kids.

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #235

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Two things to keep in mind, I think:

1. Chinese metaphysics, including feng shui, is something people spend a lifetime mastering. What we read on-line or in books...even the Traditional approach...is the tip of a very large iceberg. So do not allow yourself to worry about what appears to be a bad situation. Did you know that whether the "total loss" sector falls in the West or the SW or the South can affect it? Even make it quiet and safe? Did you know that some practitioners can use that sector for good things to happen? So enjoy the learning journey but take nothing you hear seriously. As Lady Moon wrote, experiment, keep records, and learn

2. And any web site, forum, book or Master that wants to sell you things is to be avoided. How can we trust their best intentions and truth when they can make a profit from scaring us? Maybe what they say is true..but maybe not. There are half-truths, part-truths, and outright lies about feng shui being published everywhere. Everywhere.
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #251

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
By the way, what I meant about there being several aproaches refers specifically to 8 Mansions. There are several schools of 8 Mansions that approach it differently.
Howard Choy (known in fs on-line Forums as "fsa") has written a very nice article detailing them

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #253

• Junior Boarder
Well I did not know that if the "total loss" sector falls in the West or the SW or the South it can be affected positively. There are so many things I don't know. It seems to me that after a decade of learning I am more intimidated by feng shui then I was when I started . I guess that is somewhat to be expected since one can understand how little one knows only when one have learned something about the matter. The more I learn, the more I see how much is yet to be discovered. And that is exciting , and should not be intimidating.

For some years LT was my only feng shui author. Recently I moved on to Joey Yap and found out that he seems to scare people less. I guess my next stop is Howard Choy . I really wish I had the oportunity to learn with some really good master. But nevermind, maybe it will happen one day, maybe not. My path was always the harder one in life, but I like it because it is also an interesting one. As one of my friends once said to me, selfrespect is the key, when you learn to love and respect yourself but still stay humble and greatfull, magic things will happen.

I feel very positively about our new house . I can already see the interier in my mind , even thou it is not built yet, and I feel peace when I think of it , so it must be a good thing .

Got one more question, but will start a new thread in order not to go off topic here .

Thank you again !

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #259

• lady moon
A tip a FS master gave to me was to find a method of Feng Shui that appeals to you and find an author or FS master that you understand and are comfortable using. Then stay with that method. The problem arises when trying to mix and switch methods and schools - you get confusion and chaos.
Feng Shui is like using a map. There are many roads, but they will all get you to the same place.

Best wishes in your new home.
lady moon

Re:8M and house kua? 7 years, 9 months ago #265

• Junior Boarder
Thank you Lady Moon .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds