Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Activating good feng shui in new home
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Activating good feng shui in new home

Activating good feng shui in new home 7 years, 6 months ago #1952

Here is the floor plan for the home we have lived in for a year now: i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/devadog4/Brooklyn.jpg

Do I go by the actual compass directions or the lu sho grid to activate the different sectors? My link has a compass superimposed, but I have heard some feng shui advice that fame is the center back, etc. That is the north career sector in my home. But which is which?

My toilet is in the SouthEast, but we keep the door closed and the lid down. Above it, I have a skylight and a mezzanine with healthy plants and statues from a relative who passed away. They are beautiful porcelain figurines of the eight immortals and Quan Yin. There is also a lamp made of wood of the Laughing Buddha, and we put leis, bags of money, gold medals and a saxophone on him. Maybe I can place a water feature here?
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by ginger riley.

Re:Activating good feng shui in new home 7 years, 6 months ago #1954

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
ginger riley wrote:

Do I go by the actual compass directions or the lu sho grid to activate the different sectors? My link has a compass superimposed, but I have heard some feng shui advice that fame is the center back, etc. That is the north career sector in my home. But which is which?

You refer to two different methods or schools of feng shui. Pick one and try it.
Don't worry about mixing. There are many schools and they are very difficult (in some cases impossible) to harmonize together

I have much more faith in the compass approaches than the "fame corner" or Black Hat approach, personally
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:Activating good feng shui in new home 7 years, 6 months ago #1956

Thank you, Devadog, both for helping me draw up a map before and for answering my question better than I could ask it this time I couldn't figure out which direction the new stove was before, and I worried it was the SE. Then I found the link to go back through the older forum, so I could find your chart. Now it seems the stove/fireplace is in the south, which I assume is good.

Re:Activating good feng shui in new home 7 years, 5 months ago #2007

• lady moon
My toilet is in the SouthEast, but we keep the door closed and the lid down. Above it, I have a skylight and a mezzanine with healthy plants and statues from a relative who passed away. They are beautiful porcelain figurines of the eight immortals and Quan Yin. There is also a lamp made of wood of the Laughing Buddha, and we put leis, bags of money, gold medals and a saxophone on him. Maybe I can place a water feature here?

Please clairfy the above quote - are the items you are talking about on a shelf in the bathroom? If that is the case, remove the items from the bathroom and place them in living areas of the home. Or have I not understood your description correctly?

Re:Activating good feng shui in new home 7 years, 5 months ago #2082

No, the shelf is not in the bathroom. I believe that would be disrespectful. Above the bathroom is a loft with a skylight. You have to climb a ladder to reach it. We had the AC there before, but it cost so much money we took it out. The windows open, though, and my cats go in and out to get to to the roof. So, it is a very high place with many healthy plants. We also have books and chairs there.

The bathroom is small, and we keep it tidy with the door closed. I am wondering what color to tile the bathroom, though. The kitchen sink is on the other side of the wall, because they share plumbing. I have heard the bathroom should be green, but then I've also heard color means little in FS. LT says you should not use green, if the SE or E is afflicted. Maybe just plain white tiles would be clean and easy?

The proposed water feature was for the upstairs. But a master said one black fish and one black rock on my husband's desk, which is in the NW. He was talking about flying star, I think, because the annual 8 is there in 2011. My husband is a metal pig, and I hope he has good luck.

Re:Activating good feng shui in new home 7 years, 5 months ago #2159

• lady moon
Pick 1 Feng Shui method or school and check the house according to that school. If what is happening in your life & home does not fit with the predictions of that school (check what has happened in the past), try another method. 8 Mansions is probably the easiest to understand, and to use.
The bathroom should be earth colors - nothing that would activate water; no blue, shells or fish. Plants are good and neutral colors work well.
Use FS to activate the wealth areas of the living spaces - living room, family room, and activate the career area of your husbands office. Thes things should improve the FS of your home. Do don't activate too much of an element in 1 space as this is worse than having nothing activated. Balance is the key to Feng Shui. so place the water feature in another area and not with the Buddha & the figures of the 8 Immortals and Quan Yin - this is too much in one place. Also activate health, family, & relationships in other aeras of the home. Balance will bring more stability.
All the best,
lady moon
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds