Username Password: Remember me

Project from scratch - Flying stars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project from scratch - Flying stars

Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28815

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
I have scanned the plan of my home as it is easier to talk about when something is in print. I have spent endless weeks reading different articles on the internet about flying stars feng shui, to the point my head was confused and stressed. I ended up choosing the main front door as the facing side, NE1, and decorated the house according to this. Within two weeks, the atmosphere in the house turned horrible, with fights, arguments and tensions all the time. My health is not good at the moment, but it got really bad during that time, to the point I could not sleep with constant pain. I returned my home to what it was to start with, filled with neutral earthy colors. I am a Taurus / earthy person by nature. According to Lillian Too's site, I am a water Tiger. Within a week all returned to as before.

I would like to try flying stars again, but PLEASE would appreciate guidance and input from those who have traveled the road already.

I suppose I should begin at the start, as I may have made errors before I even began.
Question 1: My house was completed it's build in May 2002. It was occupied by other people, but I bought in mid 2006 and moved in that month. Is the house a year 7 or 8 ?

Question 2: My main door faces NE1, 30 degrees. It faces a downward slope, onto a fairly busy road. There is a T-junction just to the left of my front door, not directly opposite it, more to the garage door side. But as you will see from the house lay out, the main bedroom faces this road as well. Bedrooms are considered Yin if I am correct ??

:My Yang rooms, the living areas such as lounge room, dining area, kitchen, laundry, patio area, all face 300 degrees.
NW1. I did read somewhere that the internal Ming Tang, should be on the same side of the house as the Internal Ming
Tang. Not sure if this is correct ? If so that would mean that my facing side is NW1 ? My family tend to use the
external laundry door much more than the main door, as this leads to the patio area, and the garage. There is also a
gentle downward slope this side, but not as steep as the NE side.

I consider the back of the house as the SE side, as this is the quietest part of the house. It holds all the bedrooms, bathrooms.
The neigbors are close to the back, with a wall separating us bu about 2 meters. It 'feels' like a mountain supporting the house.

This may seem like a hard challenge to some, but I would be so grateful for any help.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years ago by butterfly. Reason: update

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28824

• candra_yus
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Barbara,

I would like to try flying stars again, but PLEASE would appreciate guidance and input from those who have traveled the road already.

At the first time, I saw your quote then I don't dare enough to reply because first of all I am not a feng-shui consultant or expert in feng-shui, I just cross my path on CM a year, however I did try practice Xuan Kong in my rent apartment and it seems improve my live a lot.

I do try to answer your question within my knowledge, please forgive me or disregard this reply If you feel my explanation is not good or maybe.... my english is bad(Never use english before I came to melbourne..lol).

Question 1: My house was completed it's build in May 2002. It was occupied by other people, but I bought in mid 2006 and moved in that month. Is the house a year 7 or 8 ?

According to Xuan kong Fei Xing, If the house build in May 2002 then your house is period 7("Dui"). However in the classics,it also mention when the house is not occupied(no "man" factor) for at least 4 months(90-120 days) or the house got roof renovation("heaven factor") then the house become periode 8("Gen"). Its a concept of cosmic trinity(Heaven(Tian)-Man(Ren)-Earth(Di))

So to answer your question when you move into your house. Is the house already empty for quite a while???

Question 2: My main door faces NE1, 30 degrees. It faces a downward slope, onto a fairly busy road. There is a T-junction just to the left of my front door, not directly opposite it, more to the garage door side. But as you will see from the house lay out, the main bedroom faces this road as well. Bedrooms are considered Yin if I am correct ??

From your house chart, I can see there is a T Junction Road opposite your main door. Within San he Formula, T Junction Road bring Negative/bad Qi to your house. So to avoid that maybe you can just use another door(which you already mention that you use garage door) or you can block the sight of T junction with planting some big tree in front your house

Bedrooms considered Yin because in this room we don't want to have a lot of Yang Activities to disturb our comfort zone so we can sleep soundly.

And also when you want to utilize xuan kong or maybe utilize ba zhai(8 mansions) you indeed need to analyze your birth chart by using bazi or ziwei. The reaseon to analyze our birth chart is because house fengshui also need to sync with the owner of the house.

regards,
Candra
The following user(s) said Thank You: butterfly

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28827

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Candra. I took a good look at the T-junction and I noticed I have a deciduous tree on the curb which helps block the junction from late spring through to mid autumn. Right now the leaves have dropped, as we are heading into winter, so I have a clear view of that 'sharp edge'. I will rearrange the gardening and plant some tall bushes to block the view. A few months ago, I realigned my front walkway so that it winds and twists to the front gate. Also planted new shrubs along the edge to create privacy. Must have been a subconscious decision to block the 'sharp edge'.

I have sent you a private email with my birth date details. Not sure what other influences there are when using trigrams, and flying star method. But I would be grateful for further knowledge.

One of the many sites I have visited for knowledge, mentions external Ming Tang being parallel to Internal Ming Tang being parallel to Facing direction. I sent an email and am waiting for further guidance as to which is my actual correct Facing direction. I understand that before one uses any system, the Facing and Sitting directions must be 100 percent correct or all will be wrong. The fact my house plan has a bedroom parallel to the current external Ming Tang worries me about my choice of Facing side.

I am currently unable to confirm if the house was vacant before I moved in. I do know the house was occupied by a young married couple, and the marriage broke up whilst in the house. They got divorced. Makes me think the house is bad luck ????

In January this year I did some renovations: New carpets throughout the house, but floorboards and tiling still the originals. Whole house repainted in a new color. External
patio built with a roof, but no enclosed sides. The atmosphere feels 'different' in the house, but I did NOT replace my front door. Did NOT remove the foundations. I read somewhere that the renovations have to be EXTREME, to reclassify the period of a house ??
Because of this, I presume the house to still be a period 7 ??

No wonder people get confused with Feng Shui !

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28832

• candra_yus
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Barbara,

As far as I know, Period of House will change if you/we do renovation to the house like changing the roof(Heaven factor) or removed the foundation(Earth factor). The other factor is Man(Vacant the house for couple of months). If none of the cosmic trinity take a change, then the period of house will remain the same.

Painting is not included in changing House Period. Painting, Decoration and statue Placement are just for psychological factor. I prefer classical(Traditional) method rather than new age(Modern) approach in utilize feng-shui. In Classical Method we only utilize water and mountain formation. Just imagine long-long time ago when Chinese people using Fengshui as a remedy, they never have an expensive statue or furniture to change environment QI because most of them were a farmer and scholar. They only utilize what they have in their environment to improve their life and luck. (Its only my 2 Cents worth opinion).

Nowadays its already a lot information regarding fengshui(even a lot of sect) so we indeed become confuse. We need to choose a right way or methods to enhance our life and luck. I don't even know the term of Internal and External Ming Tang, Maybe I am still lack of experience so forgive me because I cannot give you a good answer or feedback about ming tang.

By the way I haven't received your birth detail information, After I received, then later on I will try to analyze using ZWDS so we can get more accurate analysis. So At this moment before we do further analysis maybe the best approach is block the "T-Junction view" and use another door by blocking or seal the main door.

Regards,
Candra

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28834

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
I sent the message via this site, If you click on a member's name, there is a message icon to click on to send an email. Might be the same to receive a message ? If you can't find it from there not to worry. My date of birth is 24.04.1962. Time: 4.30 am.

I just spoke to the previous owner of the house. He says the house has always been occupied and never vacant.

You mention a change in roof ? Does the patio extension count ? I did read somewhere that a roof needed walls to capture and hold energy, or it would not be considered as part of the actual bagua /trigram plans ? Does a house need to meet all 3 requirements, earth, man, and Heaven to make a change, or just 1 factor ?

Here's an interesting article about facing and sitting directions, with reference to external and internal Ming Tang's for those who want to be confused by more information www.heluo.nl/articles/HowToFindFacingAndSittingInFengShui.pdf
Last Edit: 3 years ago by butterfly. Reason: more information added

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28853

• candra_yus
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Barbara,

Sorry for late reply, I just finished my part time jobs.

Thanks for your sharing information regarding facing and sitting direction.

You mention a change in roof ? Does the patio extension count ? I did read somewhere that a roof needed walls to capture and hold energy, or it would not be considered as part of the actual bagua /trigram plans ? Does a house need to meet all 3 requirements, earth, man, and Heaven to make a change, or just 1 factor ?

As I already mention in previous post, The period of house will start counting "if cosmic trinity(heaven-Man-Earth) are gather together". However if you want to change the period house then you only need to change one of the cosmic trinity("juz one of them").

In Another Hongkong Fengshui Sect they even mention just changed a quantity of 100 roof tiles then period of house is already changed, but to play safe usually my recommendation is do all roof renovation. If we cant do renovation because of budget problem the only solution we can do is maximize the period house(Just utilize the auspicious sector by using water and mountain formation). in your situation period 7 house is still okay, only need to maximize star no 8,9 and 1 for your own prosperity

At this moment here's your zwds chart. I will Interpret in the next following days. Just keep in touch.

barbarajpg.jpg

Regards,
Candra

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28861

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for putting so much of your time into this for me. It looks very complicated. I have been reading postings on this site which are very enlightening. I have so much studies to catch up on before I can even begin to understand, and 'pass forward' the kindness you have shown. Life's path, is one filled with wonder and learning.

I am looking forward to your interpretation of my ZWDS chart.

Blessings

Barbara

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28868

• candra_yus
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Barbara,

Before we touch in ziwei Fengshui maybe I try to interpret your character first using ZWDS so we can make sure that the chart I am plotting is a right chart. Wrong chart then all analysis will become wrong.

Based on the chart your self palace is located in Ren Yin and got Wu Qu with Tian Xiang Star(Double main star in life palace). Self Palace (Ming Gong) like a mirror to show and indicate our character and personality. Self Palace that located in Yin usually have a character such as : kind-heart, liked to share, very friendly and popular, Smart and hardworking person type, also not a typical person that liked to say "no" or "never give up".

Tian Xiang is actually a beauty star that usually means have a good impression and liked to being popular. Meanwhile wu qu star is actually a wealth star that gained from hardworking. Actually Tian Xiang and Wu Qu in life palace is not quite a good combination, because on female chart, the person tend to become lonely and have dispute and arguments especially in their marriage(easy to get divorce and separation with their loved one). This is only small interpretation using your life palace just to make sure this chart is correct, please give me a feedback about my interpretation. Thanks

Regards,
Candra

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28884

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
You are correct in your analysis.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by butterfly. Reason: update

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #28900

• candra_yus
  • Gold Boarder
Morning Barbara,

Thanks for your feedback. I would save all your feedback in my case studies. So can improve my knowledge using ZWDS. I just start learning ZWDS and Fengshui within a year, so basically I am still lack of experience and knowledge. However I liked to help others (It also helps me, such as making friends, improve my communication skill as english is not my native language, and also improve my knowledge... It seems I gain more profit. ).

You indeed got a beautiful house,very spacious and lively (still better than I am in rent apartment. ), we only need to utilize and maximize the qi in your surrounding area. As Mentioned by Classical Notes and several fengshui master : Qi is dispersed by the wind and gathers at the boundaries of water. so just utilize and maximize what we have.

I would analyze all your feedback and conclude a good solution for your fengshui house by utilize your zwds birth (Shu). Just Keep in Touch.

Regards,
Candra
Last Edit: 3 years ago by candra_yus.

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #29172

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
Can anyone please try and help with arranging my home utilizing flying stars ? What colors to use in each section ? Would be so grateful to have you share your knowledge and experience with me. Thank you in advance. Barbara

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 3 years ago #29222

• Wind
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi butterfly,

Can you set the exact houseplan, this is drawn by hand, right?

In the meantime, here's a little help for T-junction:

If the path coming from the west or northwest above the door should set very bright lamp and it is directed towards the road.

If the path coming from the south, in front of the house should be placed a water bottle, as something the size of our sinks, that can also serve (to arrange the right, looking like a little) to the trough for birds ...

If the path coming from the north between the gate and the road needs to set a large rounded stone.

If the path coming from the southeast or northeast front of the house should be planted row of trees.

If the path coming from the east or southeast than hange knife with a wooden handle on the door.

All methods are based on formulas compass.

I'm not sure how much you know about Flying stars but look at this, perhaps will help you:
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Wind. Reason: wrong word

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 12 months ago #29252

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Wind. I will place a huge boulder as indicated. Have also put in a row of trees. Thank you for all the sections with current flying stars. Now I need to be able to read each section correctly. Please can you help me to understand the correct method to choose decorations and colors to place.

I will deal with one section at a time to prevent my head being mixed up. I will go as far as I can, but please check if I am right and correct me if necessary. Any one else is welcome to their input.

SE: Is normally Wind by nature, and represents Wealth and Prosperity.
Period / Base star ( middle): 6. This star is metal by nature, and neutral for year 2015.
Mountain star (top left): 5. Star earth by nature, and BAD star for year 2015.
Water star (top right): 9. Star fire by nature, and future prosperity star for 2016. This star will amplify whatever star it is with,
whether good or bad.
Annual star ( bottom right): 2. Star earth by nature, and BAD for year 2015.

From the little I have learned so far, the combination of bad star 2 and bad star 5, is very bad.

This is where my knowledge ends sadly. I do not know which star to read first. Also don't know what influences what, besides the star 9 makes everything better or worse. I understand how the elements influence each other, to increase, decrease, neutralize, or free to another element, but I would need to understand how the flying stars in each section relate to each other in order of importance before I can apply.

To all those clever people around, please share your knowledge.

Regards
Barbara
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by butterfly.

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 12 months ago #29304

• Wind
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi butterfly,

Question: How did you determine the facing and sitting direction?

And why is your bedroom to NE (because your good direction is S)?

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 12 months ago #29321

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Wind.

I measured my house with a builder's tape measure for exactness. I then drew the house onto graph paper, allowing each square a certain measurement. Then I did the internal rooms also on the graph paper. After I had drawn the entire house, I found the centre. From there, I took compass readings to figure N, etc. I drew that onto the graph paper as well.

Now this is where I could be totally wrong. I have read soooooooo many sites for information, and very few are the same. I went mainly by the following to determine facing and sitting positions: To obtain possible facing and sitting sides, I stood outside the home about 1 meter from walls, facing outwards.

1a) There was a quote somewhere, about if you cannot find Facing/Water dragon position, find the Mountain Dragon first, then Facing will be 180 degrees opposite it. I mainly used this site for determining the positions: Heluo's Xuan Kong Feng Shui workbook. Why ? It was the most comprehensive article I have read to date. However, that does not mean it is 100 % correct either. * Must say I am not absolutely sure about my choice of Facing side at this stage of time.

1b) If I worked according to the article mentioned above, the quietest place around my home is the SE. It is the 'alley way', or least used part of the home externally. It is where all the Yin rooms are situated, bedrooms, bathrooms, store room. If I chose this side as sitting, that would make my facing side NW1 ?? NW1 as facing side, would be where all my active rooms are (internal Ming Tang / Bright hall, as per same article). The article also mentions internal MT must be parallel to external MT, which would relate to my door in the laundry being used as my main door (I use this door the most, more than front door) , to the external areas and garage. The patio are is also situated here. It is a very active and noisy area, with noisy and nosy neighbors as well This side of the house has the most windows that I normally open. In summer we normally put up a pool in this area, which comes down over winter. I also have a busy water fountain I am planning to put up soon in the NW3 spot.

2a) Now I could also choose NE1 as my facing side, as it faces a busy road. But it has the TJunction as well, which I can neutralize with a boulder and trees ? Why this as Facing ? : Roads transport Qi. I have no rivers or large bodies of water that I can see from the house. It has the 'main door' to the home. It is not used as much as the door from the laundry area. Fewer windows on this side of the home compare to many on NW side, and not opened as frequently, mainly due to privacy from the busy road.

2b) According to the same article mentioned above, it states a hill behind for Mountain, and a slope downwards for Facing. One's home must feel like a ship, ready to flow forwards. I have a downward slope toward the road in the NE side of the house. However, there is also a downward slope on the NW side, which is more gentle, and not as sloped as the NE side. The land is tilted at a strange angle for water drainage I suppose. If I chose this as facing, that would mean SW1 would be sitting side. There is a garden here with a large shed. Has a vegetable garden and fruit trees, bird bath, bird feeder, etc. Only 1 window on this side of house that is never opened.

Now for choice of bedrooms ? My bedroom is in the NE. I chose it as it had a lot of natural light and is the largest of the bedrooms. It is also near the front door, and I can be easily alerted should anyone approach the house from street side. My daughter has the South bedroom as she prefers the quiet side of the house. She was born 25.06 1992, at 21.36 hours at night. When we moved in she wanted her privacy and chose the opposite of the house to me. At the time I did not know about Feng shui and Flying stars etc.

The period of the house may also be under question. Although built in May 2002, I did extend the roof to cover the outdoor patio area, which is of considerable size, almost 1/3 of the house size. It has no side walls though, except where it joins the house along one edge.

I hope this has provided more details to help. If not, please ask.

Thanking you

Barbara
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by butterfly. Reason: update

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 11 months ago #29833

• Wind
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Barbara,

Feng Shui is very simple. The entrance to the home is there, what you would like is another matter. The house is entered through the main door, not through the garage. It's just a matter of habit, and you will quickly get used to using the front door. I respect the Chinese classics, but for thousands of years, the time has changed, there has been a big change and needs a lot of observation and tests.

Here is your houseplan and directions for your daughter and for you. On the houseplan you'll see some correction.

N - 8/6/3

Remember, when evaluating your situation, roadways and water courses are equivalent.
A T-junction - poison arrow qi intrudes. Like a runaway locomotive, it
will stop only on impact, enveloping your home in its destructive forces. Install a high fence or plant a wall of shrubbery to block qi's destructive part (this is added on the houseplanwith color of flowers and Yelow Star - a floor outdoor lamp that needs to burn at night at least three hours.
Eart produces Metal, in Period 8 Mountaine star must be supported with"mountain" - a high fence, hedge that would bring good health and good relationships. It can be put on a red figure.

Entrance: 1/4/1

A productive relationship that encourages creativity, writing and romantic connections. Indicates with favorable opportunities but that they would be not perceived to be the addition of water may be improved favorable opportunities, because water could over-activating energy wood and to bring improper romantic relationship. This will do a good job mirror with metal frame (circle, ellipse).
Bedroom should be made toward the bathroom wall, and to open the door from the hallway. The new wall should put pictures of a starry sky.

E - Study: 6/8/5

In Period 8 keep the window open during the day to increase the likelihood of better financial prospects. At night, the 6 mountain star will charge the walls, bringing possible career advancement. You should also consider using this room as an office. They should orient the desk toward the east.

SE – 9/5/6

Fire produces earth. Although a productive relationship, it is not a healthy one. Here, the number 9 is empowering the highly inauspicious number 5’s propensity for misfortune; moving metal is needed to thwart impending threats (metal reduces earth). A chiming clock will do the trick.

S – 9/5/2

Fire produces earth. An inauspicious scenario described above. In fact, the situation is worse here because the number 9 (represented by both the water and time stars) enhances any number it’s with. Again, moving metal is preferable. A chiming clock, a piano that is played, metal statuary, table bases, and the like, will help diminish unfavorable prospects.

SW - 7/7/4

Metal assists metal; in Period 8 add water to lessen 7’s untimely qualities, a table fountain would work nicely here.

NW - 3/2/8; and W - 2/3/9 Dining area; patio:

Wood controls earth. Innately, the qi carries an inauspicious force fostering conflict, lawsuits, gossip, and accidents. Great care must be taken to properly balance all areas to mitigate misfortune.

Wood controls earth. This is an unlucky relationship coupling two inherently inauspicious numbers. Adding a little fire will restore balance to the cycle (wood-fire-earth). However, the remedy causes a side effect by enhancing the sickness-provoking star 2 (fire produces earth). The reductive phase metal is needed to weaken the mountain star (metal reduces earth). Metal filing cabinets, statuary, picture frames, and the like, are suggestions. Yet, because of the destructive nature of both the mountain and water stars, the remedies will not transform the room to a good one. It’s best that avoid this room, relegating it to a storage area or guest bedroom.

None home can not be entirely bad or good, following the concept of yin and yang, one always implies the other.

If you face difficulties, falls into despair, only to disappear completely as a "wanderer in the steep mountains and thick fog." Rash actions will be the cause of great regret. You have to become aware of your mistakes and not to allow themselves to become intolerant.

You need to be brave and not to fall into dark mood. You will attract powerful friends but also powerful enemies. Good fortune can be reached if you nourish patience and wait for the periodic troubles pass and if you become very selective and deliberate in your actions.
Attachments:

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 11 months ago #29849

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Wind. Thank you so much for your reply. Do you take into calculations, the annual stars ? For example, in the South sector, you mention to add metal, but the annual 7 star is a bad metal star. Surely by adding more metal, I will feed bad star ? I have previously added blue colors but no water as a bedroom. Regards. Barbara

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 11 months ago #29876

• Wind
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Barbara,

I am point to the mountain stars, water star and base. The annual star is variable, next year will be different.

These are guidelines that you should always keep in mind. You have enough knowledge as I have seen that alone can combine the elements - this is very important, a good combination of elements.

Your opinion about Metal on the South is correct. Blue elements (colors) is good for South this year (of course with no yang water in the bedroom and always take care of the balance of elements ).

I have only in the South Song of peace written in black on a blue background.

Please be free to ask anything you do not understand or you need. My English is not the best but I will do all I know.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Wind. Reason: aditional information

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 9 months ago #30339

• butterfly
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Wind for your help with my flying stars. I have made all the changes suggested. There are some subtle changes for the better. I have and still am, making changes within myself as well. After all, I cannot expect the stars to do all the work for me.

Re: Project from scratch - Flying stars 2 years, 4 months ago #32323

This is a simple good chart I from people I use every year:

www.chimachine4u.com/soqi-newsFS.html

Lillian Too's work is VERY consistent, I suggest sticking to her material and not Westernized Interior Decorating faux "fang shway"

I have noted that when the rooms are not sized proportionally (for example I have a narrow hallway as my "center") then the effects will bleed over where there is no boundary (walls, screens, door). So I have no shelf in center, so I have added some metallic elements wrapping around just into the living room to aid the blocking of the #2. Observe how in nature the boundaries between regional enviroments do this as well, for example the boundary between a meadow and forest, the boundary between desert and mountain forest.

It's best to use Compass School with Flying Star. The Lo Shu is very powerful and not very many people choose to work with it on a large scale like this. It is what Feng Shui is all about. You are creating a copy of universal mind on a microcosmic scale within your home. There is an artistry to Feng Shui that is a part of the hobby. Because it is a hobby you should have fun with it. If you don't find it fun just buy a kit, follow the instructions and forget about it.

As Above, So Below
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by ningishzidda.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds