Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Feng Shui master who lost left hand.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Feng Shui master who lost left hand.

Feng Shui master who lost left hand. 7 years, 8 months ago #1265

• 12learn
  • Senior Boarder
Feng shui master ???, whose left hand was chopped off in a vicious attack on Monday, says he really did not see it coming.

??? admitted he did not get any premonition that something bad would happen.

“I am a feng shui expert. I don’t predict the future as I’m not a fortune teller,” he said.
Source from local daily

That was a terrible incident.

Don't know still can do any Feng Shui audit for clients anymore.

I am surprised that he didn't predict that.

OR even he had predicted that he may not be able to avoid it because somehow Fate prevails.

Anyone has any thoughts on that?

Please don't trust my comments. I can be totally wrong. I am still learning.

Re: Feng Shui master who lost left hand. 7 years, 8 months ago #1304

Can i ask for the source of this news?
This is surprising but he may have overlooked at it.. he's not perfect after all

Re: Feng Shui master who lost left hand. 7 years, 8 months ago #1313

• 12learn
  • Senior Boarder
nhes17 wrote:
Can i ask for the source of this news?
This is surprising but he may have overlooked at it.. he's not perfect after all

Source from a local daily, cannot post name.

Humans are imperfect.

Please don't trust my comments. I can be totally wrong. I am still learning.

Re: Feng Shui master who lost left hand. 7 years, 7 months ago #1341

Maybe what happened to him is a blessing-in-disguise
it should be.. he knows better

Re: Feng Shui master who lost left hand. 7 years, 7 months ago #1365

• ShengQi
  • Expert Boarder
Please refer to the Karma thread.

Re: Feng Shui master who lost left hand. 7 years, 1 month ago #5231

• Di_Tien_Sui
  • Platinum Boarder
A critical question this,if the story is true,throws up is whether anyone,be they fengshui practitioners,soothsayers,mystic, gurus,etc can really predict the future.I don't see much publications of predictions of future happenings ,such as global political,economic and social events(the turmoil in the Mideast, the calamity in Japan,for example),.
Many of these self-important, "demigods" are out and about just to make money.Many think if they cannot be a successful banker,doctor,lawyer, businessman,why not transform oneself,after having read some literature, into a "master" or "guru"?One then can gain both riches and reputation,regardless of whether one has truly grasped what one has learned. Professional practitioners worth their salt should come up with accurate monthly predictions,about world events for instance,to prove that their knowledge is real and has a practical dimension.I think that it's only fair,if you charge people for "consultations",that you can prove to us that you are really what you are,and really able to help people in alternative ways.Otherwise,you are just a fraud,no matter how world-renowned you are.
If it is argued that the future about world events cannot never be predicted,how then can he/she predict your future using bazi or flying-stars?Because the latter,being concerned with a single individual,is "easier" to foretell?In that case, what are the limitations in your field of knowledge,be it bazi,fengshui or purple star?
These practitioners should not be fuzzy about this.It is their professional responsibility to make it crystal-clear.
In the past few years,I have tried ,when I am free,to carefully read what certain "masters" have tried to predict about global events.They are in the minority as many dare not openly make predictions,for reasons we all know.Some of these foretellings are very vague,others we already know from economic forecasts,commentaries on events,etc, in the mass media.Yet others are downright wrong,like those made by a Hong Kong practitioner.He has come up with so many inaccurate predictions(about world events mainly,and a few about Hong Kong celebrities)that I have lost count.
A certain practitioner of Singapore made the opposite(dead wrong) prediction regarding the STI numbers some years back in a public symposium.Now, he has learnt his lesson about shooting his mouth off on what is going to happen in future.In his latest 2011 fengshui book,he just says a few words about global impactful events.Even he has failed to predict the uprisings in the Mideast,only saying something about high oil prices.
Hence,do not be taken in by impressive shop layouts attire,adverts,publications,public image of a certain fengshui man/woman.Has he/she accurately foretold things in his/her works?What are these?Is he/she still making reasonably-accurate predictions in his/her speeches/writings?
My personal way of sniffing out a money-obsessed fraud has been always been to ask the practitioner regarding one or two momentous events that had occurred in the past in my life.He/she needs not be 100% spot-on,just has to be reasonably accurate.Provide him/her with all the correct data to enable him/her to make the prediction.If he/she cannot,then there are limitations in his/her field of knowledge,or he/she has learnt the wrong things(in some ancient text,perhaps),or he/she is incompetent in his/her field.Never ask about your future first.Test him/her by inquiring on your past,which has already happened.He/she cannot know your future if his/her "specialized" knowledge does not enable him/her to even know your past. More serious cases of sophisticated cheats in the fengshui world, like Nina Wang's personal fengshui "master"(Tony Chan)need to be exposed,out of compassion(love) for the gullible masses who are apt to be deceived by false appearance.
Personally,I think the future cannot be predicted(by human beings of this present Dharma-degenerate age,at least)due to known unknowns and unknown unknowns.Buddhism teaches that everything arises from dependent origination.Hence,if there exists one unknown factor,or that causative agent has been modified,the final outcome would be different.
That,I believe,goes for both bazi and fengshui.What you can glean from bazi about yourself is just a rather rough "landscape",not something immutable.One can still change one's lot through personal behaviour( massive good deeds, high personal moral standards, correct spiritual training,etc).If one opts to just trundle along with one's destiny,and not make great,special effort at becoming a more moral being,then one's pattern of life will,more or less,be a reflection of the destiny "codes' in the bazi chart.

ADVERTISING NOT ALLOWED
Last Edit: 7 years, 1 month ago by RapaNui.

Re: Feng Shui master who lost left hand. 6 years, 11 months ago #6950

IS the feng shui masters just a cheater

DON'T ADVERTISING !!!
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by RapaNui.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds