Thoughts on Roses?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thoughts on Roses?

Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 11 months ago #7133

• arcane1977
  • Senior Boarder
Hi all,

I have some FS questions regarding the growing roses.
I have no plants in my front yard due to a recent gale where our big tree we had fell. Now that tree is gone I have plenty of room to play with.
I was given a rose bush and decided I would plant some more acting as a fence siince my current fence is short enough for anyone to walk over.!
So I want to know if roses are an issue because they have thorns.
I kind of see them as protectors if placed correctly eg as a bush fence (so no one can come into my property) or in a flower bed against the house (so no one can break in through the window)

If you had a rose bush directly in front of your entry/ main door would this be equivalent to poison arrows?
Is it like prickly cactus?

I see roses as such beautiful flowers and I'm totally infatuated with them. They have wonderful scents and are beautiful flowers.
Plus they would make awesome wood energy for inside the house.

Placement of these bushes will be along the whole West fenceline possibly the NW portion of the front fence and against the NW part of the house.

Some details below:
I have a decent sized front and back yard, the smaller being at the front.

Front garden is NW corner of property.
The back yard is the whole of the South portion of the property.
House facing directly North.
Entry way is West facing.

Thanks for your input and thoughts on this

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7214

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder
Edit text: Sorry Beginners's mistake: Karma=-1
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Saphora.

Re: Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7218

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
A great deal of folk cures and made-up "wisdom" has come to be confused with feng shui. Is it true? Who knows? But it is not feng shui as practiced for a millennium or two in China.

The location of a rose bush in your garden is not a feng shui concern. A hedge of roses (or anything else) creates a feng shui fact to consider. But one thorny plant is simply... one thorny plant. If you place the rose by your front door, and every time you return home the sight and smell greets you and you smile... is that a negative thing? Will it make you poor or sick? Or if you fill the yard with thorny plants because you are afraid of the outside world and want protection, is that not a real issue that will affect your health and prosperity?

It's not about the rose, IMO
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7228

• arcane1977
  • Senior Boarder
@ Saphora - interesting that the rose element is fire. Where would one find details about flowers and their elements. placement in the south would be hard as we have a few fruit trees there plus with shade from the garage there wouldn't be enough sun during the day for the roses.

@ Devadog - You do have a very good point. If something makes you feel good then is it a bad thing? I read somewhere about FS for bonsai trees, how they are not good to have as they are stunted trees and thus will lessen or stunt any wood or growth luck.
Some people love cactus I don't but I love roses, both have thorns. But if both provide a sence of happiness and pleasure to the home owner isn't that a good thing?

So far what I'm learning about FS in gardens it's mainly about using green plants in the East but not so much colorful plants and flowers.
I don't want to hinder any luck coming into the home as we are going through some trying times lately so enhancing or allowing as much good luck in is ideal of course.

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7229

• arcane1977
  • Senior Boarder
I just re- read devadogs last paragraph.
"it's not about the rose" I would agree, sometimes maybe I over analyze the symbolism of something and misconstrue the true value of something.
I guess with the roses, I love them, they are beautiful and will give me great pleasure when they start blooming.
If they bring some happiness to the seances then they can't be bad

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7243

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
arcane1977 wrote:
I read somewhere about FS for bonsai trees, how they are not good to have as they are stunted trees and thus will lessen or stunt any wood or growth luck.

Some of the wealthiest men in the world have amassed the most impressive collections of bonsai.

It is very hard these days to separate the New Age nonsense from tried and true feng shui practice
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7248

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7254

• arcane1977
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Saphora,
I have two lemon and one plum tree situated somewhat central in the back yard. there is a garden shed which is SW corner and another storage shed that's SE corner directly south has space between the two sheds. But shady.

Yes there is so much information out about what are the right and wrong applications in FS. Superstition and modern new age info.
You and Devadog have very valid points, which is why I like to come here especially because people here have experience and depth of knowledge which helps to clear misinformation about FS.

I do appreciate your and everyone else's advice as I think this is the best place to get it

Cherry tree sounds great! Only place available with free space is the front yard.
Someone was goi g to give me a dwarf peach tree and a dwarf fruit salad tree - it's a 3 stone fruit tree grafted to a nectarine tree. It will grow nectarines, peach, apricot and plum. Tree grows to 1.5 - 2m. I'm tempted as it will add some life to my empty colorless garden.

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7261

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Saphora wrote:
Arcane1977,

In your back garden where is the fruit tree located? Try to plant a Cherry tree on the Wealth-corner. It is superstitious, and of course you will have Cherries to eat, Win Win situation and only Win. Plants and tree are part of the Environment; we are also part of the living environment. Oxygen, colors and the perfume of the plants will indirectly influence our body and mind. Some hospitals are focused using different kind of Perfume to trigger some symptoms.

If someone wants to try by plant a big tree in front of the main door, within six months they will see the results of the destructive Shar-Energy, guaranteed.

I am not here to discuss or make comments, just share my knowledge, if you believe it or not it is your choice. Like believing in God, is their choice, right?

Saphora

Saphora, it was not my intention to insult.
I am concerned to separate traditional or classical feng shui from the many other things that have come to be called feng shui even though they arise from New Age or folk beliefs or wicca, etc. The healing power of fragrance, etc. is well documented. But it is not feng shui. So much is published and attributed, erroneously and without any grounding, and claimed as feng shui in part as a way to give it a false credibility. Certainly a tree bisecting the main door will create sha... but so will a pole. It is not the tree it is the form that is the problem in such a case.

I would rather see us say "this is feng shui," "that is crystal healing," "this other is wicca," so people do not get a warped notion of what methods were developed as feng shui over the centuries. Can anyone cite a classical text that even refers to roses???

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7274

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7286

• beaudy
  • Senior Contributor
Hi Saphora,

There's no need to be ironic. Devadog knows classic Feng Shui, that's the Feng Shui practised in the ancient times, that's the real thing, and he makes a lot of effort with his time to explain to newbies what is real Feng Shui what is not, there's no club, no hidden agenda, just his williness to help clarify.

Love,
Beaudy

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7291

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7292

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Why is it that so often on this Forum the people who write the most about love and balance and peace turn so nasty when they are challenged?
Even attacking Beaudy who is guilty of what terrible offense? Posting a kind word?

Saphora, you offer sarcasm instead of facts or information. Why is that? Is that how to have a discussion?
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Devadog.

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7293

• arcane1977
  • Senior Boarder
Wow, my thread has gone askew, a thorny subject??
Oh dear!

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7306

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder
Beaudy, Devadog, Arcane1977,

Sorry people, I am a newbie here, get lost everywhere. Unfortunately my first lessons about Karma from everybody here.

Some students in my flat recommend me to join this Forum. They said if you want to look for a Master to learn Flying Star FS, you have to find Grand Master Sifu Devadog and he has lots of followers. I thought that Beaudy is one of your followers, sorrow Beaudy. He is very popular and famous in this Forum. He is the number one.

My first post in this topic about Roses, I didn’t expected a big warmly welcome.

As a beginner like me, must first learn from seniors here before making any comments, so is in real life.

Saphora

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7310

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder
Arcane1977,

Back to Feng Shui.

I have made a possible sketch of your House, from little information you had given to me. Due to private reason I didn't ask for your address in GoogleMaps.com, it had saved my time drawing and make many corrections.

To make any conclusions I do prefer to collect more data to make a clear picture what I want to give and what you want to receive.

Please do consider that this is just a second opnion. Of course many visible and unvisble eyes are watching, please don't hestitate to correct my humble knowlegde.

Saphora
House_1.jpg
Attachments:

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7317

• arcane1977
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Saphora, wow you almost have it!
I just realized that I made an error on my doorway it is east.
I can draw one out later tonight including the garage which is located at the back far left - SE corner.
Thanks for your effort!

Haha sometimes I think I don't know my left from my right! I'm silly.
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by arcane1977.

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7319

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder
Arcane1977,

I will waiting for your draw, please remember to save as a floorplan.jpg, and not more than 140 kb.

Do you know when your House was build, I think it should be build before 2004. Please check, otherwise we have to use other FS method.

Saphora

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7323

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Saphora,

I am no master nor sifu nor have I ever suggested that I am. You will see that in many posts I have clearly said that I am simply a beginning student (who has been learning feng shui for about ten years).

We can all learn from each other... we can even have differing points of view or experience... or have been taught different methods.

Still, I don't understand how to accept these two statements you posted:

Saphora wrote:
Imagine to see GM Sifu Devadog standing next to Lillian Too’s Class talk to thousands of new students; a day not to forget. They said your Power is so tremendous that you can Fly too, right? Teach me also how to Fly into the Stars.

Saphora wrote:
They said if you want to look for a Master to learn Flying Star FS, you have to find Grand Master Sifu Devadog and he has lots of followers.

Your response to me was not that of a fellow Learner but rather of a competitor. What are we competing over?

@arcane1977 ,
I apologize for filling your thread with this foolishness, but such sarcastic unfriendliness ought not to be ignored. I will leave it to Saphora to help you with your problems.

Re:Thoughts on Roses? 6 years, 10 months ago #7326

• Saphora
  • Platinum Boarder
Arcane1977,

Classic Feng Shui is the original FS Methods, like a bible people and followers should not change it over the years. If you look over the years more than 1001 years about the development of FS, only one of the secrets written in the Lo Pan compass are still left. 1001 years ago they don’t have Flats or apartments, Freeway bridges and all modern stuff. The modern society requires different approach in a different environment. Some modern FS practitioners had to change the way of FS, some call it Modern FS, because the demand is high, they have to adjust it. Personal I don’t learn the Modern Way of FS, I do prefer like Devadog the Classic one. Although FS in general is very deep and broad, the secrets of FS knowledge are to deep and broad to give a second opinion. We must respect other opinions too. For example the 8 mansions FS, don’t use the timeline of the house, Flying Star FS do. I could give many examples of different school, but all those school respects each other, some even clashes with their theory. To reasons to prevent confusions about FS; first you have to choose the FS you think that fits you. Second you have to dig deeper with different FS that you will so confused that everything is gone, zero, nothing, there is no FS methods in your mind anymore. Than you have achieved the secrets of FS, back to the Mu-Chi, zero.

Now, I don’t where my knowledge is but I will start mine, second opinions will arise soon how I think about FS.

When you buy a piece of land, one of the Trinity is Earth-Luck. Nothing is happening, but the Energy of the Earth is there. The first Pillar of the House was made in the ground, there is a connection between Earth and Human, but still nothing is happening. When the house is finished, the house is totally connected with Earth, there is a bond, like a marriage, a transferring of the Energy between Earth and Man is ready. All the connection of Qi of the Ba Kua form together with the House, the year that the house was build, but it was not activated. Some said when the first occupant of the house is living in, it is like a baby is born, the first Breath, the first cry of the baby, life is between Earth and Man is fully connected, the year of the House is Born. The Flying Stars are ready to be Fly into the House, the timeline is set. The Destiny Code of the occupant is the same as the house, because Earth and Man are connected with Heaven, the Trinity. Inside the house there is Yang and Yin energy, some calculate with different type of FS School. I do believe that when you use wisely about the Energy inside the House, it will benefit you tremendous. You could even activate and increase kind of Energy from Earth into Man, to receive the maximum Luck, depends what you want. Be aware what you activate, however your Destiny Code will guide when you and what kind of Qi Energy in the House you have to activate. When Good times come into your life, you will automatically activate the right Energy, otherwise even you meet a Grand Master to help you, but your unconscious don’t let to change it, because your times has not come yet.

Outside the House, the MicroCosm, your own Land surround the House, some call it a front and back Garden. There are also Earth-Energy ready, it is also in the form of Ba Kua. There is lots of good Energy from the Earth Ba Kua, but like a house there are no connections between Earth and Man. Some Landscape FS Practitioners believe that you could receive the good Earth Energy by activate it through nature, the trees and living organism. Trees have roots deep into the ground; they are connected with Earth-Energy. It is like a house, a bond, a marriage between Earth and Man. Trees will receive the Earth-energy transfers those on the Surface. They do influence the Qi Flow coming into your house. Nature has also 5 elements Energy, at different level. Some trees are a Yang and Yin type, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water and Wood energy. Earth like stone/rocks has also different 5 types of elements and also Yang Yin type. Fire-elements, is it an active Fire or just a color. For example people are talking about activate Water-Energy outside the house or inside the house. Landscape FS is much deeper, than just Green Dragon, White Tiger, Tortoise and Bird formations. How do you know, what type trees connected with which type of Luck you want to activate? It is not a folk cure, only we are beginners we don’t have that knowledge yet. It doesn’t mean we must disagree with that kind of folk cure FS. FS is to deep and broad to understand it all.

For example the famous Pagoda tree, has someone try to eat their leaves? Does someone know why their leaves are so special? I don’t know. Another example the plants in Latin “Catharanthus Roseus, Camphtotheca Acuminata and Cephalotaxus Fortunei Hooker, what type of plants they are? Why they are so special and what kind of Earth energy they absorb and give it to Man-Luck? What are the connections between them and our DNA? I don’t know.

Back to FS.

My idea is to give my second opinions of your House and garden, what I want to give and what you want to receive.
First your Garden and than inside your House, my purpose is to give a second opinion about what I think about FS.
I am like Devadog, a self-learner, and I come here in this Forum to explore and meet friends. My first friend could be him; you never know what the future will be. I do understand we hadn’t a good start between us, is it fate? you never know. A second opinion is free, right? If you believe it or not it is your free choice, right?

Saphora
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds