Username Password: Remember me

Career Choices by 5 Element
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Career Choices by 5 Element

Career Choices by 5 Element 7 years, 3 months ago #2223

• Punny
  • Expert Boarder
The Chinese Zodiac studies suggest that certain line of work or lifestyle can complement your strength and weakness, and therefore will make you more successful and happier. The analysis is based on your zodiac 5-Element.

Water 水
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on water or other fluids. Also work that involves people or goods which come and go symbolizing the water flow or ocean waves.
Career Choices:
Water and other beverages, Chemical engineering, transportation, travel, irrigation, fishing, glass/crystal manufacture, media, education, medicine and health care, entertainment, delivery, sales, online store (e-Business), import/export, supermarket, laundry, sports, cashier, human resources, professional consulting (such as attorney), and personal services (such as moving, cleaning), etc.

Fire 火
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on heat or light, or uses objects that create heat or light.
Career Choices:
Electric engineering, electronic, computer, semi-conductor, laser, fuel, gas or oil company, firearm, firework, cigarette, welding, porcelain or glass making, cooking, restaurant, food processing, lighting, photography, movie production, etc. Note that this does not include firefighting as it uses water and tools to put out fire, not create it.

Wood 木
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on natural organism material (plants or animals). Also work that involves creative, artistic, or spiritual expression symbolizing a tree freely and gracefully extending its branches, leafs and flowers.
Career Choices:
Forestry, farming, raw natural material (lumber, cotton, leather, etc.), biology, herbal medicine, natural food, gardening, nursery, furniture, clothing, paper, office supplies, book or magazine publishing, library, bookstore, art gallery, design (interior, exterior, fashion, art, illustration, software, web, cartoon, animation, etc.), photography, astrology, charity, religion, culture, mentoring, psychiatry, etc.

Metal 金
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on metal, or involves financial management (as gold is a synonym of money in Chinese). Also work that involves noisy environment due to moving metal or machine, or work that has heavy use of electric equipments.
Career Choices:
Mechanic engineering, electric engineering, computer hardware, machinery, manufacture, transportation equipment (automobile, ship, bike, etc.), health care equipment, surgeon, technicians, appliances, military, security, internet network, financial industry (banks, stock trading, trust, investment, exchange, etc.), music instruments, TV, video games, etc.

Earth 土
Career Characteristics:
Work that involves earth, land, soil, mineral, or rock.
Career Choices:
Civil engineering, mining, farming, raising livestock, real estate construction or sales, building material, interior/exterior design, landscaping, nursery/gardening, porcelain/glass making and selling, demolition, warehousing, sports like track racing and rock climbing, funeral services, recycle, etc.
*Im Newbie here*Learn Something New Everyday*
The following user(s) said Thank You: blelat

Re:Career Choices by 5 Element 7 years ago #3877

• Delphia
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm currently also learning about identifying ideal career based on bagua. I'm so very confused because different sources say different things. According to one source, I should choose a career based on my lucky element (the one with lowest score), which is fire. Another source says it should be based on dominant source, which is water for me. And yet another source says, if my lucky element is fire, then I should choose a metal or water element job.

Currently the industry I'm in belongs to fire element (shockingly) however the unit I'm in is actually of wood element. I'm thinking of moving into a more promising job by using bagua. Can anyone shed a light? I know that geomancy.net provides a personal report but it looks so confusing.

Re:Career Choices by 5 Element 7 years ago #3878

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
This list takes the five Elements rather literally.
Fire is not simply about heat. It is also about brilliance, shining through which is why fire careers include actor and teacher... one who can get out front and perform. Much more can be said of each element and possible careers, IMO
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re:Career Choices by 5 Element 6 years, 11 months ago #4733

• Enchanted
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Devadog,

Looks like you know a lot about feng shui. I am wondering if you could help me with this problem: I read on a feng shui newsletter that it is bag feng shui to have your work desk facing a wall. She did not give any cures though. I was laid off w8 months ago and have been trying to find work through the internet. The only place I can put my computer is against one of the walls in my dining room. There is a frame on the wall - 4 elephants pulling some logs over a field. What cure can I use that will help me in my quest for job? I am trying to get into offline media consulting. Thanks.

Re:Career Choices by 5 Element 6 years, 11 months ago #4775

• Delphia
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Enchanted
If u read Lillian Too's book, she recommends using a flag on the North East corner of your house to symbolise victory when job hunting. At work, when your desk is facing a wall, u should place a mirror and beautiful picture.
This is the month of Vesak, if u spend some time reciiting Kuan Yin's mantra, you will b blessed with luck. This is probably more important than feng shui placement.

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 5 years, 10 months ago #15626

• ivyfung
Dear friends,

Just wonder, if there is any career that can be considered having 2 elements.
E.g. Sales belongs to water and computer belongs to fire. So, selling of computer belong to which category?
Also, Emceeing belongs to fire (as performer) or to water (as entertainer)?
Elevator belong to metal, fire or water (as transportation)?
Appreciate whoever have the answer.
Thanks

Ivy

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 5 years, 2 months ago #18350

• Lences
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear all,

This thread is a very good read imho.

But i do agree with the doubt Ivy raised.

I am in the midst of a career switch. I have been in the sales/business development line since 2007.
However, I do understand from my readings that Sales belongs to the Water Element.
I have been advised to enter the Metal Element Career.

Currently, I'm still in Sales, but in the sales of Power Plant production and distribution equipment, and related equipment after sales services.
Seems to me that the industry is a bit more Fire than Metal Industry.

The industry I am currently looking at is the Financial Services Sector of a Bank. Banks belongs to Metal Element Industry, however, Financial Services belongs to sales/front line. Is this a suitable move for me?

Advise from Forumers are really welcomed.

Best Regards,
Lences

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 5 years, 2 months ago #18420

• mentor777
Careers are best chosen by interest, aptitude, education and training. They can not be so easily plucked from a chart. So often I see postings that go something like this: here is my birthday, what is my job. These inquiries come from people are in their late 20's to early 30's. This is the wrong age to be trying to figure out what your vocation should be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SiMi

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 4 years, 7 months ago #20866

Punny wrote:
The Chinese Zodiac studies suggest that certain line of work or lifestyle can complement your strength and weakness, and therefore will make you more successful and happier. The analysis is based on your zodiac 5-Element.

Water 水
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on water or other fluids. Also work that involves people or goods which come and go symbolizing the water flow or ocean waves.
Career Choices:
Water and other beverages, Chemical engineering, transportation, travel, irrigation, fishing, glass/crystal manufacture, media, education, medicine and health care, entertainment, delivery, sales, online store (e-Business), import/export, supermarket, laundry, sports, cashier, human resources, professional consulting (such as attorney), and personal services (such as moving, cleaning), etc.

Fire 火
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on heat or light, or uses objects that create heat or light.
Career Choices:
Electric engineering, electronic, computer, semi-conductor, laser, fuel, gas or oil company, firearm, firework, cigarette, welding, porcelain or glass making, cooking, restaurant, food processing, lighting, photography, movie production, etc. Note that this does not include firefighting as it uses water and tools to put out fire, not create it.

Wood 木
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on natural organism material (plants or animals). Also work that involves creative, artistic, or spiritual expression symbolizing a tree freely and gracefully extending its branches, leafs and flowers.
Career Choices:
Forestry, farming, raw natural material (lumber, cotton, leather, etc.), biology, herbal medicine, natural food, gardening, nursery, furniture, clothing, paper, office supplies, book or magazine publishing, library, bookstore, art gallery, design (interior, exterior, fashion, art, illustration, software, web, cartoon, animation, etc.), photography, astrology, charity, religion, culture, mentoring, psychiatry, etc.

Metal 金
Career Characteristics:
Work that depends on metal, or involves financial management (as gold is a synonym of money in Chinese). Also work that involves noisy environment due to moving metal or machine, or work that has heavy use of electric equipments.
Career Choices:
Mechanic engineering, electric engineering, computer hardware, machinery, manufacture, transportation equipment (automobile, ship, bike, etc.), health care equipment, surgeon, technicians, appliances, military, security, internet network, financial industry (banks, stock trading, trust, investment, exchange, etc.), music instruments, TV, video games, etc.

Earth 土
Career Characteristics:
Work that involves earth, land, soil, mineral, or rock.
Career Choices:
Civil engineering, mining, farming, raising livestock, real estate construction or sales, building material, interior/exterior design, landscaping, nursery/gardening, porcelain/glass making and selling, demolition, warehousing, sports like track racing and rock climbing, funeral services, recycle, etc.

Dear punny, may i know in which element the perfumery industry categorized? Thanks.

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 4 years, 5 months ago #21410

• mentor777
WATER

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 4 years, 3 months ago #21745

hello everyone i'm a novice here, i want to know what careeer should i do in the future in order to succed,

i am yang water element, indirect wealth profile and companian structure.

anyone could help me out?

Thank you very much

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 4 years, 2 months ago #21981

• mentor777
What should you do in the future to succeed? Attent a university and get the best education possible according to your talents and interest. Find a job and go to work every day. Work nights and weekends too. Move forward and make progress toward your goals every day. If you want something that other people do not have you will have to work while they are playing and work while they are sleeping.

Re:Career Choices by 5 Element 3 years, 4 months ago #25931

its is better metal element do career choice of earth element or water element please help

Re:Career Choices by 5 Element 3 years, 4 months ago #25932

• mentor777
What is the career?

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 3 years, 2 months ago #27393

• Manuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Fengshui Masters

Thank you for such a great digital platform that enables us communicate & being blessed with your guidance.

I am into computers but for sure I must say, that I find it hard to get clients or even face terrible politics or my clients get robbed with competition. I dont find the right people who can deliver too!

I am thinking of chaning this career for good. I have changed many jobs in the past, even tried business but I am not into pursuading for sales - kinda introvert.

Link to the geomancy report:
online.geomancy.net/public/code/html-fs-...ear=1980&hour=12

Please guide me.
I saw on Geomancy.net that my lucky elements are Wood and Earth. But someone earlier had told me that FIRE element is lucky.
What exactly is my lucky element?
Which of the following careers will be good for me:
1. Real Estate
2. Digital Media or Computer Software or Educational Software
2. Corporate Trainer (not much interested but still wondering)

Look forward to your guidance.

Thank You in advance for helping all of us.

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 3 years, 1 month ago #27755

• Manuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Moderator

I am 35 and have changed various careers. Unable to seriously find my passion and I totally hate sales or too much of people - being quite an introvert. So I want to take up a vocational course or move towards a promising career rather than hopping and struggling like this. Please read my thread post and kindly guide me as well.

www.wofs.com/index.php/forum/13-career/2.../post?do=reply#27393

I look forward to your kind advise. I dont mind relocating because totally stuck in my small city where people are too narrow minded

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 3 years, 1 month ago #27756

• mentor777
Manuel...the Real Estate and Corporate Training do not seem suitable for you if you prefer to work alone without much interface with people. However, work handling computer data may be what you need. Try to get some new training by attending some seminars or classes to update your skills if necessary.

I know something good will happen for you.

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 3 years, 1 month ago #27773

• Manuel
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you mentor for your kind words & wishes too!

Re: Career Choices by 5 Element 3 years ago #28119

• gobbies
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

My birth details as follows:
21st december 1989
5.59pm

According to my own research I am a Strong Yin Wood person and is not suitable to enter the water or wood element career.
My favorable element is fire and earth.
It is quite true as I failed water-related job (Shipping) for 2 times and I was quite depressed.
I am currently finding a fire element job but the bank called me up for an interview.
Banking is in the metal element sector and I am confused whether to accept the job.

Can someone help me analyze my Bazi and see if I am also suitable to be in the metal industry?

Thanks.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds