Username Password: Remember me

lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood

lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38449

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
I am interested in this lot of land, yet I am not sure if it's ideal. This land, facing S, is at the lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood. The lot is the same level as the road, though. The rare of the lot slope up. Please refer to the image which I marked the lot of the land with white (with the lowest terrain as 1), the right side of the land is about 4-5 inches higher (2 in orange), the left of it 5-7 higher than the lot (3 in green), and the NW and the back is the highest (4 in purple).
Is the land being at the lowest part of this neighborhood inauspicious and no cure? Thanks

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38450

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Hows the nearest river flow in this area?

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38452

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
oh, good reminder, xkfan! I forgot to mention that the blue mark I made was the DRAIN.

The little creeks north and south from the lot are 0.25 mile away, while the lake on the east is about 0.75 mile away.

Here is the terrain map:

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38453

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
as long as this property is facing SE , it is a good house.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chueh

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38454

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you so very much xkfan

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38455

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
By the way, this land facing more s. If I make the house facing SE, what's the closest degree of SE that's closer to S I can do? Thanks. Also, this actually is a pie shape triangular lot with the point at the back. I was advised to divide this lot into two (thanks to Master Cecil), so I only include the right side of this lot. I intend to build a house just on the right part of the lot, where the part I showed the images here. However, Xkfan, do you have any suggestions for me how I can utilize both parts, or how to divide the two (planting shrubs in between??? fence???). I was also advised to make a round garden at the back where the triangle sharp point (thanks to one of the forum members here in the previous post).

They all gave me good ideas and suggestions, yet I am not sure how to have a house on the right part of the land only or plan a round garden at the back. What's your input? Thanks

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38456

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
120 - 135 degree is great.

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38457

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Building preferably to be square. You can cut the sharp part by planting anything you like. Then the door locate on the right side. Preferably to be flushed or sunken.

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 7 months ago #38458

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
xkfan wrote:
... Then the door locate on the right side.

Right side means "right side of a plant I plant" or "right side of the house"?

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 6 months, 4 weeks ago #38459

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
chueh wrote:
xkfan wrote:
... Then the door locate on the right side.

Right side means "right side of a plant I plant" or "right side of the house"?

When you are inside the house facing outside (front).

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 6 months, 4 weeks ago #38460

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks. Another question: since the lot is facing more south than SE, wouldn't South facing house conflict with the lot shape, according to the principle of alignment a house with a lot? Of course, the reason why I post questions here is because I know a little Feng Shui but not enough to decipher which principle to prioritize... Knowing little is making everything confusing than knowing nothing

Re: lowest terrain along the road in the neighborhood 6 months, 4 weeks ago #38467

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
Yes its very confusing for newbie to choose the right method and the right practitioner.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds