Username Password: Remember me

Turn the facing direction to SE?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turn the facing direction to SE?

Turn the facing direction to SE? 7 months ago #38391

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
I am considering this empty lot. The house-to-be "traditionally" and "normally" will face SW, so the creek is right behind, connecting to a lake (Please see the picture creeklake.png). The main yellow shape indicate a seller's rendered version of a potential house. The blue curvy line about 100 feet behind the house is the creek, and the lake between 300-400 feet away. The small yellow shape is a potential hobby house. The topography suggests that land is slightly higher at the front (SW) and slightly sloping towards the back. And the right side of the house is slightly higher than the left.

I know that this empty lot may not be ideal, no matter what period we are in, especially the creek runs behind the house. To change around, however, instead of how a house is planned to face SW normally, I am thinking of using SE as a main entrance. Of course, there must be still a door facing SW in order to be permitted by the law. I am teaching at home. My students will enter the house through a door at SE, which I will make more like a main entrance door. I hardly ever have personal guests or visitors, so the front entrance door at SW will be rarely used. Since NW is slightly higher than SE, NW should act as a tortoise, correct? I could plant some shrubs or trees at NW to create height as well, if the terrain isn't enough. The SE door my students enter would be considered a FACING direction, if I make it more like a main entrance, right? What's your take on my crazy idea? Is it workable???? Thanks

Last Edit: 7 months ago by chueh. Reason: attached pics not shown

Re: Turn the facing direction to SE? 7 months ago #38392

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor

Attachment Personal Item_7.pdf not found

You mean A is higher than the B? And X is higher than the Y?

Mind to give me the exact location so that I can see more complete terrain.
Last Edit: 7 months ago by xkfan. Reason: Insert picture

Re: Turn the facing direction to SE? 7 months ago #38393

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor

Attachment 20171120_152401.png not found

Hggd
Last Edit: 7 months ago by xkfan.

Re: Turn the facing direction to SE? 7 months ago #38403

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
2756 Bridgegate Ct, Marietta, GA 30068, USA

Re: Turn the facing direction to SE? 7 months ago #38406

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
chueh wrote:
2756 Bridgegate Ct, Marietta, GA 30068, USA

Hows your house design you going to have? I will tell you whereto put door to maximise the qi .

Re: Turn the facing direction to SE? 6 months, 4 weeks ago #38432

• chueh
  • Expert Boarder
I have an old plan for a land years ago but now the old plan wouldn't work for this land. I just want to check to see if this land is going to work for me. I have not gotten into purchasing this land but only checking its suitability, so no plan yet.

Re: Turn the facing direction to SE? 6 months, 4 weeks ago #38435

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
chueh wrote:
I have an old plan for a land years ago but now the old plan wouldn't work for this land. I just want to check to see if this land is going to work for me. I have not gotten into purchasing this land but only checking its suitability, so no plan yet.

The land is not that bad. Can be used.

Attachment tst.png not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: chueh
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds