Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Is that ok to have river behind house?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is that ok to have river behind house?

Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1508

• happykit
  • Fresh Boarder
Is that ok to have river (drain toward sea - water can be flow from left or right - subject to low / high tides) behind house?

this house is facing south west.

i am doubt to buy this house due to this. Please advice.

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1513

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
When you write that the house faces SW, do you say that the river is in the NE or the SW or elsewhere?
In the current Period 8, water in the SW is ideal, water in the NE is wrong according to most (but not ALL) feng shui schools

Aside from that, a river behind the house is not necessarily a problem... it depends on how far from the house it is, how large it is, what the other surroundings of the house are, the architecture of the hose (does the house "face" the river?)
It also depends on the quality of the SW sector for this house since the river will activate that sector.
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1534

• happykit
  • Fresh Boarder
the house and front door is facing SW2, 30 years house

River is at behind of the house (just at the back of the house - 5 feet a way from the back gate)
River width should be around 40-50 feet.

Surronding is Semi-D house.
draw.jpg

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1535

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
A bit doubtful since the drain is so near.

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1540

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Quick thought is house is likely to be bad for health (any idea about health of neighbors?), especially for youngest sons and young men, problems with back/spine/neck or joints especially.
Assuming house was built before 1983, possible problems for male head of household.

I hope you can find a better house.
Still, an on-line analysis is so limited as to be foolish!
Don't despair. The situation may not be nearly as bad as you think. -- I urge thoughtful analysis before making big changes. Yet I am not a practitioner and do not want your business. Find someone who is well trained near you

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1560

• happykit
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for your advice.

At first I thought river means water and represent for wealth, may i know how you analyze it as bad for health?

Try to learn something new from you

Health is more important than wealth. will not take the risk.

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1568

• Devadog
  • Senior Contributor
Water in the Facing side can help with prosperity. But the rear should be Yin, quiet. Water there is a disturbance in many cases (not always).
Your river, so close to the house, probably looks beautiful, but it makes both the front of the house (because of the street) and the rear Yang. No balance.
If the house "faced" the rear and the front could be quiet (a walled or hedge protected yard for example) it might be fine.

The sitting side affects health and relationships... which that river will disturb. The NE is the youngest son and the Mountain or Sitting Star in that house in the NE is 6 which represents the male head of house.
In actuality, these stars could have entirely different effects, but these are the first ones to suspect.

Also, as I wrote earlier, in Period 8, the NE ought to have no water. Yin is best.
Last Edit: 7 years ago by Devadog.

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1595

• happykit
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks a lot

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 7 years ago #1626

• siaomei
  • Junior Boarder
dangerous stay so near.

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 1 month, 1 week ago #38136

• jeromelee1
  • Fresh Boarder
hi All

I am living in townhouse and I am at second floor. My balcony have a view of big drain following from left to right. It this a bad feng shui house for me.

I am born in year of Sept 1976 (Dragon) male chinese.

Re: Is that ok to have river behind house? 1 month ago #38183

• xkfan
  • Senior Contributor
jeromelee1 wrote:
hi All

I am living in townhouse and I am at second floor. My balcony have a view of big drain following from left to right. It this a bad feng shui house for me.

I am born in year of Sept 1976 (Dragon) male chinese.

Depends. Will it be very near? How is yhe intrnal layout ? Must match the internal with external.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by xkfan.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds