Mirror Facing Bedroom Door
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mirror Facing Bedroom Door

Mirror Facing Bedroom Door 3 years, 9 months ago #2346

• tippymonte
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

Is it okay to place my dresser with mirror by the wall adjacent or opposite to our bedroom door. If so placed, when one opens the bedroom to go in, s/he will immediately see the mirror right across the door.

Thank you!

T.M.

Re: Mirror Facing Bedroom Door 3 years, 9 months ago #2352

• mentor777
A mirror facing a door does represent a feng shui concern. But a larger concern would be that you will have your back to the door when you sit at the dresser.

Re: Mirror Facing Bedroom Door 3 years, 9 months ago #2353

• tippymonte
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you Mentor 777.

I am re-arranging our bedroom, and am encountering tricky situations regarding placement/s etc. Pls. indulge my other questions/concerns:

1. I only have 2 options where to place the bed: a) against the windows ; b) against the wall which is also the wall of the bedroom door. I read both are not favourable, but I have no other options really. Which is the "lesser evil" ? And how to lessen its negative impact?

2. Is it okay if the bed is in line with a built-in CABINET doors (i.e., our foot while lying down will point to the cabinet doors) ? It's not a walk-in closet, but simply cabinet with several doors.

3. Is it ok if the base of our beds are actually two single beds combined BUT with just one whole cushion that was custom-made to fit the dimensions of the two separate beds (so the cushion is a single king-sized cushion)

4. Is it an absolute must to have a headboard for the bed? Ours doesn't.

Thank you so much!

T.M.

Re: Mirror Facing Bedroom Door 3 years, 9 months ago #2357

• mentor777
It is so hard to practice feng shui in the bedroom but I will attempt to answer your questions.
1. I am having a hard time picturing your bedroom layout but I can say it is not good to have the door open up to the bed. So, look at placing the bed against the wall.
2. It is not the best thing to have the foot of your bed pointing at the cabinet. But it will be OK if you keep the doors shut while sleeping.
3. The split bed is OK because you have it covered with one large cushion.
4. It is best is your bed has a head board but if you do not have one there is little else you can do.

Good luck......Mentor777

Re:Mirror Facing Bedroom Door 3 years, 9 months ago #2359

• tippymonte
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you for your reply Mentor 777.

I attached the bedroom layout. I hope you can analyze it. I am getting very anxious to fix the bedroom before the Lap Chun but it seems all my bed placement options are unfavourable.

1. WEST wall is unfavourable for me and my husband as we are both kua EAST groups.

2. The SOUTH walll would have been perfect for the bed but it has built-in cabinets (worse comes to worst I will have it knocked down)

3. The EAST is not even a "wall" as it is made up of windows from corner to corner. This is where our bed is currently placed. I just cover the windows with long curtains from ceiling to floor. But it still makes me uneasy. More importantly, our heads will be pointing EAST here. While East is generally favourable to us, this year it is afflicted by the Five Yellow and I am very keen on avoiding this section.

4. The NORTH wall is my only other option but as you will see, the bedroom door shares this wall. Also, if I place the bed here, our feet will point to the cabinet doors.

MY EASY OPTIONS: Choose between East and North walls. Both are unfavourable, but which is the least unfavourable and how do I cure it?

MY DIFFICULT OPTION: Have the built-in cabinets in the South wall removed (a drastic step).

I hope this doesn't confuse you too much I am really at a loss and would appreciate your (or anyone else's) inputs.

Thank you!

T.M.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds