Tuesday, 16th September 2008
I belong to the Rat zodiac sign. Is it all right for me to buy a Horse figurine to place in the South since Rats and Horses are arch enemies in astrology? My husband belongs to the Dog zodiac sign, hence is it okay for him to buy a Dragon figurine (or even wear a Dragon jade pendant) to place in the East since Dogs and Dragons are also astrological arch enemies?
In determining the time of birth, we are sometimes given two time slots; 1pm to 3pm, or 3pm to 5pm. What happens if one is born exactly at 3pm as stated the birth certificate?
Which range do we choose, 1pm to 3pm or 3pm to 5pm?
It is excellent to transform an enemy into a friend. You will reduce the number of enemies in your life and make everything a lot easier. Besides, the Horse can be good for the Rat when its image is brought into the home. Likewise, the dragon can be good for the Dog. Both Horses and Dragons are regarded as auspicious creatures that bring excellent good fortune into the home.
If your birth certificate says 3pm then you will need to use both the time slots and check which gives you a more accurate account of your life.
My boyfriend recently proposed and we have decided to get married next year in July / August. I am looking for “auspicious wedding dates” and was wondering if there are other feng shui related things I should take into consideration before picking a date.
His birth date is Oct 10, 1967 (Sheep) and mine is April 15, 1974 (Tiger).
Thank you so much for your time and advice. Have a wonderful day!
Well congratulations! That sounds wonderful and I am sure you must be very happy.
Make sure the date you select also takes account of your animal sign and that of your spouse, parents and parents-in-law to be. Make sure the date selected does not clash directly with any of them as this could cause them to get ill. The day of the wedding should be a day filled with happy yang energy so make certain that those important to you do not ‘clash’ with the day’s chi energies.Apart from selecting a good day to get married it is also a good idea to make sure that you ensure the feng shui of your new home and bedroom follow some basic feng shui rules. Sleep with your heads pointed to your husband’s nien yen direction as this will bring happiness and descendents and luck to the marriage; it is a good idea also to follow tradition by wearing the traditional kua wedding dress for the wedding dinner. This ensures fidelity and happiness in the union.
I hope you can give, me some advice on my husband’s career. He is a Fire Snake born in 1965 and based on numerology calculations, his kua number is 8. All these years, his career has never been smooth and he ended up resigning from his job each time.
Recently, he started up his own business in the trading field. I am now staying in a condominium and my main entrance is facing North. How do I help to improve his career luck in business? Should I place a Phoenix in the South and activate the water star 8 feature to bring luck? Can you teach me how to look for the water star 8?
Regards, Mrs C. Tan
Dear Mrs C. Tan,
Born in 1965, your husband cannot be a Fire Snake. I think he is a Wood Snake. His kua number is 8 and this period is a good time for him. He probably resigned because he wants to improve his future and this does not mean his career is not going well.
I believe that he is meant to do his own business and it is really great that you are being so supportive of him. As he is kua 8, it is important that the SW/ NE directions of your condominium should be well activated and kept clear of junk and old newspapers. It is too difficult to teach you how to locate your water star 8 in your apartment as it is not a straight forward matter.
However, can I suggest that you invest in a good water feature — the Jambhala water flow or the six toads water feature that we sell in my World Of Feng Shui shops? Its results are excellent when placed in your SW location. This is the indirect spirit of the current period of 8 and when activated with water, will bring wonderful wealth luck. Since your husband’s kua number is also 8, the water in the SW will bring double benefits to him.
Just a small word of warning. The North entrance is seriously afflicted in 2009 so do make sure you come to my Extravaganza 2009 either here in KL or in Singapore, as that is when the cures and remedies needed to subdue misfortune luck in the North next year will be addressed. Good luck!
More from "Ask Lillian" :
- Will My Wife Get Along With My Mum?
- It's A Dog's Life
- How To Counter A Sloping Ceiling
- Feed Your Frog
- Change Your Luck
- Rent Or Rue Your Luck
- To Love Or To Leave Her?
- The Backstabbing Brother-In-Law
- Prayers For The Dead
- When Your Love Life's in the Toilet
- Symbolic Feng Shui In Limited Spaces
- Killing Energy and Fretting About Fish
- A Family Feud and Lucky Number 8
- A Father's Lament, Career Advice and Hell's Gate
- Financial Trouble and What To Do When Your Toilet's In Your Career Section
- Improving your property luck
- Securing wealth, career and exam luck
- Temporary and karmic ‘seperations’
- Opening the ‘door’ to happiness
- Luck: the good and the bad
- Ensuring your family’s good luck in 2008
- Hopping good year for Rabbits
- Incorporating feng shui practices into your life
- Best time for home renovation works
- Enhancing career and marriage
- Ensuring your unborn child’s gender
- Dealing with a wayward child
- When debtors give you the run-around
- When cracks appear in a relationship
- Ask Lillian Too ( Issue No. 25 )
- When everything falls apart
- On clock collections and compatible homes
- On compatible companions
- Look for those auspicious signs
- Get the best out of crystal placement
- On negative expressions and Poison Arrows
- On ‘afflictions’ and the hazard of clocks
- On money problems and marital strife
- On Dzi beads and study luck
- On activating luck
- It's a Jungle out there
- Directional guidance
- Welcoming ‘8’ into your home
- On work environments and ‘poison arrows’
- On romance and residential layouts
- On marriage and misunderstandings
- On romance and residences
- On Money and Matrimony
- Good luck charms
- Avert arguments
- Luck of the draw
- Woes no more