Tuesday, 6th January 2009
I’m currently in the midst of renovating my new condominium. Rearing fish has always been my hobby since young and so I am setting up a salt water aquarium just inside my entrance.
However, just as you enter you will see a plaster ceiling above with a rectangular hole covered with Koi fish motives in fiberglass. I am also placing a florescent bulb inside to light this up.
Is a Koi motive appropriate above the entrance of a home? There are nine Koi in this motif.
Two are completely gold while the rest are a mix of red, white and black spots. Does this motive mean something? I’m asking this because many common pictures have nine Koi with one black fish.
Thanks and kind regards,
Like you, I too am a great fan of keeping fish. I find that gazing into their languid gentle movements is really therapeutic and interacting with them is even more relaxing. Fish also bring abundance to any home and did you know that when you have an indoor pond filled with fish, this drives away potential robbers.
This latter belief is an old wives tale but how many people do you know who have ponds indoors and who got robbed? Probably no one!
However irrespective how auspicious fish in the house can be, they should never be symbolically placed on the ceiling, even as a motif, as this suggests water reaching its zenith which is always regarded as sign of danger.
I would pass on the fish motif above the entrance. It’s a really bad idea.
I am always happy when I read your articles.
Thank you for sharing great tips to enhance one's life.
I’m writing to you today because I am lost and need guidance to help me achieve my desires to excel in life. My life has not been blessed since I was born.
My parents divorced when I was a little boy. I lived my childhood life wandering around looking for a place to stay and enough food to pacify my hunger.
As time went by, things got better. I started a small events company and managed to secure a few decent contracts with a few reputable brands.
However, for the past six to seven months, luck has not been on my side.
I am currently in debt and my small, humble company is not generating the income to feed my family.
I am working as a part-time property agent now, and at the same time running the events business. At times, I feel like giving up on life.
I am desperate for help and I hope you will be able to give me some sound advice on how to improve my current state. Do all the events in my life have anything to do with me being born in the year of a tiger? I am a wood tiger.
How can I improve my wealth, business, family and happiness?
I thank you in advance for your advice.
Well, some of you born in the year of the Tiger really had it rough this year. The good news is that things are really looking up for you in 2009, so hang in there. You must try to stay positive in your attitude and outlook.
If it is any consolation, honestly there are many people in the world today whose lives really have taken a sudden reversal in fortune so please start counting your blessings and make a real effort to stay upbeat.
The good news is that 2009 does show promise of being a good recovery year for many people.
One thing I can advise you to do is to see if you can update your house to become a period 8 house as this is sure to change your luck for the better.
My Kua number is and I am an Ox. During the last couple of years my career and finances have not been good at all. I always suffer from office politics and in the end I am the one who loses the job.
J’ve been unemployed for nine months and I’m trying very hard to find a job. All my money has now drained out. I strongly believe in God, and I think everything is my fault. I have been single for a long time. The person I care about does not keep contact with me on a regular basis although he has been single for a long time too.
I live in a rented flat and would like to have my own house. Is there any possibility of me buying my own house and having a steady job? I really require your advice. Please help.
In these troubled times, many are in the same boat as you. Although this does not necessarily make you feel better, all of us really do need to try and brace ourselves for some challenging times ahead. But 2009 is not a bad year. It is, in fact, going to be a relatively stable year where financially and health wise, the situation of the world is sure to get better. And when the recovery does come, it will come sooner and faster than many people think. So, that’s the general scenario taken care of.
As for you, personally the Ox should bring you gold in 2009 if you are sensitive to the energies that create this in your home or around you. Get the image and commit to memory until it becomes part of your subconscious - and being an Ox you are certain to benefit as long as you stay upbeat and positive.
To find yourself a good job, try activating the North by placing a small aquarium with fish swimming actively within. Some colourful guppies should do the job. Just make sure they stay healthy and swim vigorously. This is sure to jumpstart your energy and luck levels.
As for coping with office politics and jealousy, try placing a beautiful Rooster on your desk. The Rooster is an ally of the Ox and is truly excellent for overcoming envious people wanting to harm you.
Also try wearing red as this is one of the best kept secrets for allaying negative and harmful energies sent your way.
There you have it - plenty to think about and plenty to do! Happy 2009!
More from "Ask Lillian" :
- A Rough Ride For The Horse
- How To Vitalise The Marriage
- Wishing For A Child
- White For Living, Yellow To Dine In
- My Life Is Stagnant
- Reaping The Best Of Study Luck
- Money Woes and Feng Shui Blues
- Luck for Dragons Next Year
- Good Year For Snakes in 2009
- Looking for Love
- Space Woes
- "Why Can't I Have A Baby?"
- Despair Not, Even The Dragon Lady Finds Love
- Cracked Headboard And A Broken Heart
- Friendly Foes
- Will My Wife Get Along With My Mum?
- It's A Dog's Life
- How To Counter A Sloping Ceiling
- Feed Your Frog
- Change Your Luck
- Rent Or Rue Your Luck
- To Love Or To Leave Her?
- The Backstabbing Brother-In-Law
- Prayers For The Dead
- When Your Love Life's in the Toilet
- Symbolic Feng Shui In Limited Spaces
- Killing Energy and Fretting About Fish
- A Family Feud and Lucky Number 8
- A Father's Lament, Career Advice and Hell's Gate
- Financial Trouble and What To Do When Your Toilet's In Your Career Section
- Improving your property luck
- Securing wealth, career and exam luck
- Temporary and karmic ‘seperations’
- Opening the ‘door’ to happiness
- Luck: the good and the bad
- Ensuring your family’s good luck in 2008
- Hopping good year for Rabbits
- Incorporating feng shui practices into your life
- Best time for home renovation works
- Enhancing career and marriage
- Ensuring your unborn child’s gender
- Dealing with a wayward child
- When debtors give you the run-around
- When cracks appear in a relationship
- Ask Lillian Too ( Issue No. 25 )
- When everything falls apart
- On clock collections and compatible homes
- On compatible companions
- Look for those auspicious signs
- Get the best out of crystal placement
- On negative expressions and Poison Arrows
- On ‘afflictions’ and the hazard of clocks
- On money problems and marital strife
- On Dzi beads and study luck
- On activating luck
- It's a Jungle out there
- Directional guidance
- Welcoming ‘8’ into your home
- On work environments and ‘poison arrows’
- On romance and residential layouts
- On marriage and misunderstandings
- On romance and residences
- On Money and Matrimony
- Good luck charms
- Avert arguments
- Luck of the draw
- Woes no more