Tuesday, 18th November 2008
My son has just started school so I would like to position his desk at home in a way that would help him in his studies. He was born on Dec 18, 2001.
He shares his bedroom with his sister. The main door of our house is facing southeast, the childrens’ bedroom is in the north-northeast-east segments of the house.
I know the best direction to face for my son is the SW, but at the moment the desk is facing SE to support his back against a wall.
Is that ok? Or would it be better for him to face SW (to reap his study luck) despite the fact that in this way he cannot be backed by the wall?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Your son is a West group boy and letting him face the SE is his worst direction.
Your house also faces SE so your son’s luck is going to suffer.
My advice is for him to face SW as this is his best direction and also to sleep with his head pointed to the SW.
You should make a real effort to do this - otherwise he is sure to be adversely affected.
We live in a Period 7, E3 (112.5°) condo. My spouse’s birthdate is Aug 15, 1935 (kua no. 2); mine is March 25, 1943 (kua no.3). The missing corner is in our SW sector (dining room). The wall affected is the west wall which also shares a neighbour’s bathroom. Is it alright for me to install a wall mirror that is six feet, which is higher than my son’s height?
In the master bedroom, the missing corner is in our NW sector and the wall also shares a neighbour’s toilet. Because of space constraints, we can only use the west wall and the NW corner for our bed space (west is my Chueh Ming; NW is my Wu Kwei). If I paint the west wall red, will it kill my husband’s energy? Can we nail in another wall to cover and paint it white for metal? Can I still hang six sets of six-rod windchimes? Which is a better direction to place our bed in, the west wall or NW corner (at an angle)? I really hope that you will help us.
Lourdes A. Ching
Try giving your bedroom a complete change of energy as this is sure to help matters. Since the NW is a corner you can work with, when you activate it, it will benefit your husband and also help you welcome in the energies of period 8.
That will be useful for you and also for everyone else for the coming years as we are entering very trying times.
As to the mirror in the SW sector, installing a minor here will negate the effects of the neighbour's toilet. With regards to the NW sector, may I suggest that you place a screen between the bed and wall although sleeping in another bedroom might make more sense. It can be harmful sleeping with your head pointed to your Chueh Ming. As to painting the wall red, it is not a good idea, not in the bedroom and especially not in the NW. It will instantly cause hurt to your husband. As for hanging windchimes, you can do this. As for the bed in the, west wall or NW corner, both are bad angles but the Chueh Ming is more harmful than the five ghosts.
It seems that since we moved into our current house three years ago, we have been facing many legal issues, including a lawsuit that I’m hoping to settle out of court.
My house is a period 7 house facing NE/SW, while the main door is on the NW. There is a bathroom with a toilet above the main door. After reading all your books we never use that particular bathroom. I try to turn on the lights in the bathroom when I remember. The other three bathrooms are located on the SE side of the house on both levels.
I placed six-rod windchimes in the bathrooms, a water feature in the east of my living room with the golden dragon next to the water. I also placed two toads in the living room and one by the entry hall facing the main entrance.
I was born in the year of the Sheep (1967) and my husband was born in the Snake year (1965). I know we should change our house to a period 8 based on our facing/seating direction. However, due to our financial situation, we can’t afford to remodel our house.
Separately, my husband didn’t get the position he applied for at work. My questions are, what else can I do to get us out of unfortunate tangles? What kind of enhancers can I use?
Thank you in advance for your advice, I really appreciate it.
Dear Concerned Sheep,
The fact that you are in a SW/NE house tells me that you are really wasting your good luck for period 8. This is a direction which has double of a very afflictive combination. Anyone living in this kind of orientation, if they do not change to period 8, is sure to suffer set backs and lots of bad luck.
In your case, it is a court case so I suspect that you are also being hit by the quarrelsome litigation star of 3. The remedy for your court case is to wear lots of red and to place the Ksiddhigarbha’s fireball in the west corner of your living room. This is one of the most effective ways of subduing the luck that brings court cases.
If this is not solved by next year, make sure you get the flaming sword cure to suppress this bad luck.
More from "Ask Lillian" :
- Money Woes and Feng Shui Blues
- Luck for Dragons Next Year
- Good Year For Snakes in 2009
- Looking for Love
- Space Woes
- "Why Can't I Have A Baby?"
- Despair Not, Even The Dragon Lady Finds Love
- Cracked Headboard And A Broken Heart
- Friendly Foes
- Will My Wife Get Along With My Mum?
- It's A Dog's Life
- How To Counter A Sloping Ceiling
- Feed Your Frog
- Change Your Luck
- Rent Or Rue Your Luck
- To Love Or To Leave Her?
- The Backstabbing Brother-In-Law
- Prayers For The Dead
- When Your Love Life's in the Toilet
- Symbolic Feng Shui In Limited Spaces
- Killing Energy and Fretting About Fish
- A Family Feud and Lucky Number 8
- A Father's Lament, Career Advice and Hell's Gate
- Financial Trouble and What To Do When Your Toilet's In Your Career Section
- Improving your property luck
- Securing wealth, career and exam luck
- Temporary and karmic ‘seperations’
- Opening the ‘door’ to happiness
- Luck: the good and the bad
- Ensuring your family’s good luck in 2008
- Hopping good year for Rabbits
- Incorporating feng shui practices into your life
- Best time for home renovation works
- Enhancing career and marriage
- Ensuring your unborn child’s gender
- Dealing with a wayward child
- When debtors give you the run-around
- When cracks appear in a relationship
- Ask Lillian Too ( Issue No. 25 )
- When everything falls apart
- On clock collections and compatible homes
- On compatible companions
- Look for those auspicious signs
- Get the best out of crystal placement
- On negative expressions and Poison Arrows
- On ‘afflictions’ and the hazard of clocks
- On money problems and marital strife
- On Dzi beads and study luck
- On activating luck
- It's a Jungle out there
- Directional guidance
- Welcoming ‘8’ into your home
- On work environments and ‘poison arrows’
- On romance and residential layouts
- On marriage and misunderstandings
- On romance and residences
- On Money and Matrimony
- Good luck charms
- Avert arguments
- Luck of the draw
- Woes no more